Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Dusty Wings

Hello Friends,

Today's Color Challenge is.....Creamy Caramel, Pretty in Pink & Dusty Durango. I have to admit I initially questioned the wisdom of this combination, but Betty does have a great sense of color. The stamp set on my table was Greenhouse Garden and I started out with that but realized quickly that it wasn't what I wanted. When I opened my stamp drawer, Wings of Friendship was sitting on top pretty as you please. Soooooo.....

What do you think? I knew it would be tricky to ink even with the spots, so I got out the markers. When the image wasn't as sharp as I wanted, I used the markers and a blender pen to fill it in. The picture doesn't show the Sanded stamped background. It is very subtle, but makes the card look textured. I popped the sentiment up to balance the ribbon. By the way, you can earn this stamp set by holding a $300 workshop. Let me know when you want to book one.

Card Recipe
Stamps: Wings of Friendship (Level 2 Hostess gift), Sanded
Paper: Creamy Caramel, Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink: Creamy Caramel, Pretty in Pink & Dusty Durango SU Markers, Creamy Caramel ink pad
Acc.: Pretty in Pink Taffeta Ribbon, Large Oval & Scallop Oval Punches

Hope you enjoy this card my friends,

Bonnie

1 comment:

Sarah Coggins said...

Great color combo! I like the stamps you chose and the black mats around the image & sentiment - makes them pop. :)