Friday, March 19, 2010

Easter Flower

This is an Easter card I made a few weeks ago for Scrap & Share. Many of you have seen it already but I thought you might want a refresher.

Several years ago a very kind lady gave me the leftover lined envelopes from her daughter's wedding invitations. They had a beautiful watercolor look floral lining in pastel colors. The Scrap & Share group has been using them very creatively. Barbara started cutting out the flowers and putting them on her cards. That was beautiful! I saw some paper tole cards on splitcoast one time and, when I came across the last of the envelopes, I just knew I had to try this technique with them. This is one of the cards that I came up with.


The paper is some leftovers from before my Stampin' Up! days and I don't know where it came from. It is a lovely soft pink. I used the BIG GUY to cut some ovals since I don't have an Easter Egg Punch. It has 3 sizes of ovals and I found that the wide oval punch is just a tad smaller than the smallest one.





Here is a closeup of the flower. I cut one out and rolled it with my bone folder and adhered to an identical flower with dimensionals.

The "lace" at the top of the card is a strip of the pink edged on both sides with the Scallop Trim Border punch and another narrower piece punched on one side. The ribbon went over the "seam". All of this was mounted on a Very Vanilla card base and the sentiment is from the Well Scripted set.

This can be done with stamped flowers as well as any decorative paper. It's really quite easy and pops up a simple card.


Have a great weekend,
Bonnie

No comments: