Sunday, April 18, 2010

Another Awash with Flowers

Here's another card I made using the new Awash with Flowers stamp. It uses the Two-Step Stamping technique. (Oh! That sounds a little like a dance doesn't it, lol.)

For the big flower, I stamped the solid stamp with Crushed Curry, then went behind it with the outline stamp in the same color. The stem and leaves were added in another step. I inked the little flowers with my markers in Melon Mambo & Old Olive. I did the outline first, then the solid stamp on this one. I love the clear mount stamps for this. It makes it so much easier when you can see where you are stamping!

The ovals are cut with the BIG GUY. I used the 2 largest ovals and pierced around the biggest one with my paper piercer.

A strip of Crushed Curry & Whisper white with a scalloped edge and a piece of ribbon finish it up. Such a quick and easy card.

Card Recipe
Stamps: Awash with Flowers, Kind & Caring Thoughts
Paper: Very Vanilla, Crushed Curry, Melon Mambo
Ink: Crushed Curry, Old Olive, Melon Mambo
Acc.: Big Shot, Oval Dies, Scallop Edge Punch, Paper Piercer, Double Rectangle Punch, Crushed Curry Polka Dot Ribbon

I'm so glad that Melon Mambo is going to stay as one of the core colors. It's one of my favorites. I will miss the Crushed Curry but the new Daffodil Delight is a beautiful shade of yellow. I can't wait for you to see it.

Off to my stamp room. I hope you have had a restful weekend and got to stamp a little, or a lot!
Bonnie

No comments: