Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Of the Earth Twice

It's been a couple of weeks since I played cards with my friend Ruthann. She had made a beautiful thank you card from the Hostess Level 1 set, Of the Earth. I have had this set for quite a while and had never mounted it. After seeing her beautiful card, I was inspired to mount and use this set. I was so inspired that I made 5 cards the next day!

I had pulled out some of the colors that are soon departing from Stampin' Up! and the Mellow Moss caught my eye. I have always liked the softness of this color but it is dark enough for the Whisper White to show up well.

I like monochromatic cards and have to make myself add a third or fourth color. (Guess that's why I haven't done the Color Challenge yet today.) I think using just 2 colors worked well for this sympathy card. What do you think?
And for card #2.....

I found a piece of Chocolate Chip in the scap box and stamped it with the other flower image from this set with Chocolate Chip ink. I punched a piece of Mellow Moss with the Curly Label punch and used the BIG GUY and Movers & Shapers to do a slightly larger curly label out of white. The bird piece is cut out and popped up on dimensionals.
A totally different look and both are quick and easy.
I was thinking about doing this for my next Stamp-A-Stack but decided to share it now instead.
The sentiment is from a retired set called Beautiful Borders.
Thanks for visiting today. I hope you enjoyed the cards. Don't be afraid to leave a comment. I love the comments.
Bonnie

No comments: