Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A Prayer

This week's Clean And Simple challenge was to only stamp a sentiment on the front of the card. Other embellishments could be used but the only stamping was to be a sentiment. Right down my alley! Since I bought this Extra Large Two Step Bird Punch (p 10 Occasions Mini) I have made a lot of cards without much stamping.

A friend had asked for prayer for her family and I thought I would like to send them a card to remind them that they are in my prayers. I wanted bright and springy colors and the Bermuda Bay and Crushed Curry just jumped out at me.

Even though Sale-A-Bration is over (sigh....) I still have some of the Welcome Neighbor DSP and since I still love it and it had the colors I was looking for, I just had to use it. The branches are punched from Cottage Wall DSP in the big Idea Book and Catalog. It has little spots of white and razzleberry. It makes me think of the flowering trees I see everywhere. I guess you could say that the Curry is the pollen. It is everywhere!

I used the Movers & Shapers die with the BIG GUY. It is a little bit bigger than the Curly Label Punch. Just the thing to pop the sentiment out. The little butterfly is from the Beautiful Wings Embosslit die in the Occasions Mini Catalog (p. 24).

I hope this brightens up the day for my friends.

Card Recipe
Stamps: Thoughts & Prayers
Paper: Whisper White, Crushed Curry, Welcome Neighbor DSP, Cottage Wall DSP, Old Olive
Ink: Old Olive
Acc.: Sending Love Notes; Hugs, Big Shot, Movers & Shapers, Beautiful Wings Embosslit, Curly Label Punch, Extra Large 2 Step Bird Punch, Paper Piercer, Mat Pack, Circle Ice Rhinestone Brad

I hope you have had a lovely, sun shining, bird singing day.
Bonnie

1 comment:

Sarah Coggins said...

This card will definitely brighten their day! How sweet and thoughtful. Beautiful color combos, Bonnie. :)