Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Shimmering Lily

This is the card I did for the CAS challenge this week on Splitcoast Stampers. We were to do a card inspired by this card.

Since I'm running way behind this week, I combined it with the Color Challenge to use Soft Suede and Melon Mambo.

I used my new SU Square Lattice Embossing Folder and the BIG GUY on the front of the card and again on the Soft Suede piece. I used the Scallop Trim Border Punch that I earned during Sale A Bration to trim the edge. The sentiment is stamped on a plain strip of card stock and tucked underneath.

The flower was Stamped in Melon Mambo on Shimmery White card stock and painted with Frost White Shimmer Paint with a drop of Melon Mambo re-inker mixed in. I had actually painted the lily a while back and it was a perfect opportunity to use it!

Thanks to using a left over piece on my table, this was a really quick card. Just what I needed this week.

Card Recipe
Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral, Kind & Caring Thoughts
Paper: Whisper White, Soft Suede, Shimmery White
Ink: Melon Mambo, Soft Suede
Acc.: Frost White Shimmer Paint, Re-Inker, Big Shot, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Scallop Trim Border Punch

Enjoy,
Bonnie

No comments: