Friday, June 11, 2010

Only One Layer

Hello Stampin' Friends. The author of one of the blogs I have been following, Simplicity, offers a One Layer Wednesday Challenge. If you are interested in checking it out, you can go here.

I thought, since I liked simple cards, it would be a snap. IT"S NOT! It is really hard not to mat anything. She does allow embellishments although I didn't use any.



The challenge this week, besides making a One Layer Card, was to create a mask with a label or die and use it to make a background for your card.

This is what I ended up with. I used the Oval Originals Die with the BIG GUY and used the piece the large oval was cut from. I taped the mask on the card with repositional tape and sponged inside the oval. I used Crushed Curry then went over it with a little Dusty Durango. Then I stamped the All a Flutter (a single stamp on p. 31 of the Summer Mini Catalog) and the sentiment from Warm Words (on the retirement list) in Basic Black. The card is Naturals White. It has a little more body than the Whisper White.

This is one of those cards, as my friend Ruthann says, takes 2 hrs to figure out and 5 minutes to put together!

Now that I have done these one layer cards, I really like them. (I have another to show you later.) They will be so easy to mail too. No worries about extra postage or brads popping through the envelopes.

A big thank you to Susan for the challenge. Why don't you try it now. If you don't have the BIG GUY, you can use a decorative punch instead. Check out all the great inspiration on Susan's blog.

I'm taking some stamps on the road tomorrow and meeting some Roanoke Rapids stampers for playtime. I'm so excited! Hope you have a great weekend. See you next week.
Bonnie

2 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

Hee, hee! Clean and simple is anything but easy, LOL! Your card is lovely...so fresh and clean and sweet!

Donelda said...

masking is such a great way to highlight an image, like your beautiful butterfly you have used here.