Friday, July 2, 2010

Wild Rose

Happy New Stampin' Up! Year. You would think I would be showing you something out of the new catalog wouldn't you? Today though I have something from the UFO box that fit for the Sketch Challenge on SCS this week.

I used some scraps of leftover paper too, so I don't know how accurate my description will be.
I think the rose was stamped with Ruby Red ink and the leaves in Mellow Moss, both retired now. I sponged a little Mellow Moss ink on the edges of the design.

The paper on the other 2 sections is some handmade paper that was a gift a while back. Behind that was a scrap that looks very close to the new SU color Cherry Cobbler. I stamped the sentiment in Cherry Cobbler and it looks like a perfect match.

Card Recipe
Stamps:
Wild Rose, Watercolor Trio

Paper: Mellow Moss, Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler
Ink: Mellow Moss, Ruby Red, Cherry Cobbler
Acc.: Big Shot, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Pearls

I won't be blogging for the next week. We will be visiting family who don't have any Internet (gasp). I'm hoping I don't have some kind of breakdown not being able to make any cards or blog! I have packed my new catalog though, so I can create in my mind.

I wish you all a safe and happy Independence Day and inky fingers.
Bonnie

3 comments:

Curt in Indy said...

Your card is stunning. The soft pastels of this card are so beautiful and the colors so perfect! Your addition of wonderful texture completes it beautifully! I've enjoyed looking through the rest of your blog entries too. Gorgeous work! Best, Curt

Sarah Coggins said...

Beautiful! The stamping of the rose is so nice especially with all the leaves. I also like that great handmade paper and the little pearls.

Hope you have a wonderful trip! Take a sketch pad too so you can jot down your ideas. :)

Doris said...

This is such a soothing card. I really like it!