Monday, August 9, 2010

Salvage

I've got to confess. This card was salvaged. Just about to hit the trash can. But I just couldn't throw that beautiful embossing away. Besides, it's yellow and Daffodil Delight yellow to boot.

Let me tell you how it happened. I was about to stamp the sentiment, in Basic Black, when the stamp just jumped out of my hand and landed on my card. It would have been ok if it landed where I wanted it. But no, it had a mind of it's own and just added black smears where no black smears ought to be! Ugggh!

However, today's CAS Challenge is Gardens. Garden pickin' was the challenge for the Free 4 All Challenge last Friday too. So, you know from the previous post that I don't have a garden. Not even a flower bed really. I had one lonely daisy beside the front step.

I have a BIG GUY and a Daisy die...hmmm! I had a cover up for those nasty black smears!

I love it when trash becomes treasure.

Card Recipe
Stamps: Because I care
Ink: Basic Black
Paper: Daffodil Delight, Whisper White
Acc.: Big Shot, Flower Daisies #2 Bigz die, Elegant Line Embossing Folder, Antique Brad

Hope you had a treasure of a day. If not, don't give up. Your treasure could be right around the corner or in the very next challenge!

Hugs,
Bonnie

2 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

Congrats, Bonnie, and salvaging a beautiful card!! I love it when you can cover up boo-boos. And what a beautiful cover-up that huge daisy is. Nicely done :)

MaGoooo said...

Bonnie, this is such a pretty card! I LOVE the daisy die!!