Thursday, September 2, 2010

Mmmm, Apples

I've been so busy getting samples ready for a class (see yesterday's post), bookmarks for the Newcomer's Club and a workshop, that I haven't had much time to just play. Well, I guess it's really playing to do all that, but I have had to ignore the challenges or at least put them on the back burner.

Today, I did a card for Simplicity's One Layer Wednesday challenge to do trees. The Ways to Use It challenge on SCS was to use one piece of cardstock. The challenge police might come after me because I used a little scrap of Real Red cardstock for the apples. Whoops!


Card Recipe:
Stamps: Season of Friendship, Bird on a Branch (sentiment)
Ink: Soft Suede, Old Olive
Paper: Naturals White, Real Red
Acc.: Whacked Finial Press Embossing Folder, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch

Note: I cut the embossing folder into strips with my rubber cutting scissors.

Let me see if I dare post this to the Ways to Use It challenge and take my chances with the Challenge Police.

I did another one that is honestly only one piece of cardstock, but it hasn't dried yet. Once it's dry, I think it's going to need to be flattened. Oh my, what a mess!

See you tomorrow.
Bonnie

6 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

This is so pretty, Bonnie!! I love how you used the white space on this card. I don't think adding your apples should cause any problem with the challenge police!!! I hope not anyway ;)

joanne wardle said...

I believe your red apples will count as "minimal embellishments" so will be just fine!!
it's gorgeous, the touch of embossing is a lovely finish

Susan said...

OMG! YOu actually cut up an embossing folder?!?!? I wouldn't have thought to do that...and not sure that I would have....you daredevil you!! LOL!! I LOVE this and I think the red apples add just the perfect touch!

PetraB said...

The card is lovely, love the red apples and the embossing.

Susan Raihala said...

What a neat use of the embossed border! And of course your apples are just fine...definitely still very CAS!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Love this. I have saved the photo on my computer so I can try it with a different stamp set sometime (don't have this one). Love that whacked Finial Press EF too!