Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Northern Hearts Color Challenge

Mr. Brown or as Luke calls him "the new PBS man" came yesterday.  You know what that means.  Yeah, NEW TOYS!


This came just in time for the SCS Color Challenge to use Blushing Bride, Always Artichoke and Marina Mist. 

I inked the birds from the Northern Hearts set with SU Markers.  It is the Level 1 hostess set in the Holiday Mini Catalog.  We are going to have some fun playing with this!

Did you notice the background.  I used the Teahouse background stamp.  The Blushing Bride doesn't show up a lot but it gave the subtle look I was wanting.

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Northern Hearts, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink:  Blushing Bride, SU Markers (Marina Mist, Blushing Bride, Always Artichoke, Daffodil Delight)
Paper:  Whisper White, Marina Mist
Acc.:  Big Shot, Ovals Bigz die, Marina Mist Taffeta Ribbon, Pearl

It was a quick and easy card.  I think it will be pretty in Christmas colors too.

Wait til you see what else I did with this set!  I had a fun afternoon!

Got to run.  We need to find a new printer.  There doesn't seem to be a fix to the old one and quite honestly, I have used up a month's worth of patience trying to fix it!

Hope you haven't had an impatient kind of day.
Bonnie

4 comments:

Sarah Coggins said...

Thanks for the chuckle! I miss Luke. Hope he's having a good week and helping his mommy check on my kitties. :) Beautiful card, Bonnie! I love the details especially the ribbon and little pearl.

Emily Keaton said...

This is so sweet, Bonnie! I just love the colors you used. What a pretty, clean layout, too!! I'll have to get a closer look at that teahouse background . . .

Chrissie said...

This is simply beautiful Bonnie. Thanks so much for your visit to my blog and your really kind words!
Chrissie

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card - I love that background stamp. I really like the ribbon detail too.