Thursday, October 28, 2010

Another Post Today


I've got another one for you today.  This is for the Sketch Challenge 304 on SCS this week.  The sketch called for an oval as the front panel, but I don't have an oval that big so I opted for a rectangle.  I meant to round the corners but then forgot until after I had everything mounted.


I'd been thinking about trying a snowman out of my round punches.  It's not as cute as some of the die cuts or stamps, but he turned out ok.  I put a little glue around the edges and sprinkled Dazzling Diamonds to make him sparkle a bit.  My whole table sparkles now! LOL!  That stuff hangs around forever!

The hat is a piece of Basic Black that I smacked with VersaMark and clear embossed.  I used the end of the Modern Label  Punch for the top and the Word Window Punch for the brim.  (I did have to cut that down quite a bit.)  The nose is the end of the branch on the Extra Large Bird Punch and the "arms" are from the branch also.  I used my craft scissors to trim the leaves off.  The buttons are some mini beads.

The DSP is from a couple of years ago.  I'm still trying to use up my paper so I can buy some more.  There is a similar pattern in the Candy Cane Christmas package in the Holiday Mini.  And I used the Square Lattice Embossing folder for the white strip.  I just love the dimension that adds!

Card Recipe
Stamps:  None
Ink:  None
Paper:  Basic Black, Whisper White, Old Christmas DSP
Accessories:  1 3/8', 1", 3/4" Circle Punches, Modern Label , Word Window & Extra Large 2-Step Bird Punches, Big Shot, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Dazzling Diamonds, Clear EP, VersaMark

Hope you enjoy this sketchy snowman.  As warm as it's been here the past couple of days, this is the only kind of snowman we're going to see!  Cooler weather is promised for the weekend, thankfully.

Enjoy,
Bonnie

5 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

Your snowman is SO cute, Bonnie!! And I really like those pretty papers you used.

Cynthia said...

LOVE your snowman!! What a great idea to use punches to make him. :-)

Jenny Gropp said...

Super cute!

Cindy Beach said...

Love your snowman, how creative! I know just what you mean about that glitter. Your card is adorable!

Ayana Posadas said...

Oh, this is TOO CUTE! I just adore the way you created this snowman with the circle punches. The way you tied his scarf with ribbon is just adorable. Super cute and super FUN! :)