Friday, October 8, 2010

Step it Up with Holly


Last week I showed you a good workshop card then stepped it up a notch.  I'd like to do that again.

This is a card that we did in Sarah's workshop last weekend.  It was very quick and fun and seemed to appeal to all the stampers.


Then I stepped it up a bit to this.....

I used the Square Lattice Embossing Folder on the green, added a punched layer, used the blender pen to pull some color into the leaves and rounded the bottom corners.

I think it made a prettier card.  Only problem is that it didn't leave room for the Season's Greetings on the front.

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Bells & Boughs, Many Merry Messages
Ink:  Garden Green, Early Espresso
Paper:  Whisper White, Garden Green, Real Red
Accessories:  Real Red SU Marker, Blender Pen, Big Shot, Square Lattice EF, Scallop Trim Border Punch

Have a wonderful weekend.  I hope you get to stamp something fun.

Enjoy your blessings,
Bonnie

3 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

Wow--it's amazing how much some simple texture and the scallops add to this already beautiful card!! Thanks for showing both versions, Bonnie :)

Susie said...

Beautiful "stepped-up" card.

Anonymous said...

Both cards are gorgeous, Bonnie. I love the simplicity of the top one, but of course the 2nd one is my favourite because it you've used that gorgeous EF! I like the extra leaves too.