Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Another Day in the Snow

There was a card in my UFO box.  It was white trees stamped on Night of Navy.  Pretty, but boring so it had to stay in the box without a real home.

This morning, when I saw it, I had a thought.

And it turned into this.....


I cut the trees off the card and layered it.  I even used a bit of glue and Dazzling Diamonds on the trees.  They really shimmer IRL.  Kind of like the trees outside today.

The trees have a home and I have another guy Birthday card for one of those winter birthdays.

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Lovely as a Tree, Teeny, Tiny Wishes
Ink:  Whisper White, Night of Navy
Paper:  Textured Whisper White, Textured Night of Navy
Accessories:  Dazzling Diamonds, Word Window Punch

We didn't get much snow, just enough sleet to cover the ground and freezing rain to make the roads slick.  I'm thankful we didn't have to go out in it!

Be back in a bit.  I've got something else to show you.

Enjoy,
Bonnie

5 comments:

Sarah Coggins said...

What a lovely card! :)

Emily Keaton said...

What a beauty, Bonnie! Great idea to salvage the trees as a layer on another card! A super masculine card. Great work. :)

Benzi said...

Super card! I enlarged it and the sparkle is awesome. Love Night of Navy. Sorry you didn't get snow...it is much better than ice, as I'm sure you know.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Genius move on your part, Bonnie! Great masculine card. I may borrow your idea someday (I always think this, and then I never have enough time to do EVERYthing I want to do!!)

Marisa said...

I can't believe I still don't own that set!! They look fabulous on the navy. Great colour combo and card :)