Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Baroque and Hearts

I love this flourish from the Baroque Motifs set.  It's especially striking in black.  If it doesn't stamp evenly, you can fix it easily with a Basic Black SU marker too!


I used this sketch from the Just Add Ink challenge this week.


And the Stampin' Up! Only challenge #11 is to do a Valentine.


The hearts are punched from embossed scraps of Cherry Cobbler with the Heart to Heart punch.  The flap is a Top Note cut down a bit.  And I love the Seam Binding for bows!  It ties so easily and it's not bulky at all.

I could easily stamp Love in the bottom left corner, but I kinda like it without anything.  I'll just let the hearts do the talking!

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Baroque Motifs
Ink:  Basic Black
Paper:  Whisper White, Basic Black, Cherry Cobbler
Accessories:  Heart to Heart & Corner Rounder Punches, Big Shot, Top Note Die, Square Lattice & Finial Press EFs, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding

Only one card today.  I was able to go to the Norman Rockwell exhibit at the Art Gallery so I didn't get any card making in.  The exhibit was outstanding and I found a painting there that had hung in a restaurant in my hometown when I was growing up!  How fun!

Enjoy,
Bonnie

8 comments:

Traci Tracy said...

Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my Valentines. It was quite the undertaking, but any excuse to play with paper is fine by me. Your Valentine is GORGEOUS!! I love the special embossing on the punched out hearts, and how you popped them up. Beautifully done.

Emily Keaton said...

Fabulous take on that pretty sketch. And I love the colors, too! Sounds like your NR exhibit was fantastic. Good for you for getting out to go!

Colleen Dietrich said...

OMGoodness, you did this sketch challenge perfectly! THis card looks like a sure winner. I really love it, Bonnie. ANd I think you were right to leave off a sentiment. ;)

Deb Hoekstra said...

Beautiful card. The colors are striking! Thanks for joining along at SUO Challenges.

Marisa said...

Absolutely LOVE this card, Bonnie!! Ooozing with elegance. May have to case this beauty myself :) Good luck with a win!

Jen Timko said...

Love the little embossed hearts! Glad you joined us at SUO Challenges!

LeroyLime said...

Great use of that Top Note and I still LOVE that Baroque Motifs stamp, I use it quite a bit myself!

Heidi Baks said...

What a great idea to use the baroque motif! Love it!! Thanks for playing!