Saturday, January 29, 2011

Happiness Shared

If you've been reading my blog, you know that I really want to do watercoloring....good watercoloring!  I do watercolor, but I still can't seem to control the amount of water.  Either I have the brush too dry and get too much color or it's too wet and goes all over!  Here's my latest attempt.


I actually took a close up to share, but when I looked at it in my photo program, I decided not to.  Have you noticed that photos can show up mistakes that you haven't even noticed until you look at the picture?  I think I need some lessons on photography as well as watercoloring!  At least I have fun and that's the main thing isn't it!

I used the colors from the ColorQ #69 challenge


I went a little heavier to the Peach & Cajun than I intended.  A lot of that is a control issue!

The Free 4 All challenge on SCS was to use warm colors and something fuzzy.  These colors certainly are warm and I made some Peach Parfait faux flower soft to put in the center of the flower.

A little tip here. I stamped the image on shimmery white.  When getting ready to mount the design to the card I realized that it is too dark for Whisper White and too light for Very Vanilla.  Neither looked right.  I had some of the stiff insert from my DSP that I had cut for card bases.  I found that this was a good match for the Shimmery White.  It's not shimmery but the shade of white is the same.  I love it when I can use up those bits & pieces that hang around!

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Happiness Shared
Ink:  Black StazOn
Paper:  Shimmery White, Cajun Craze, Insert from DSP
Accessories:  Reinker (Peach Parfait, Cajun Craze, Rich Razzleberry, Crumb Cake), Aquapainter, Big Shot, Elegant Lines EF, Kraft taffeta ribbon

I need to get this into the challenges.  Remember that Baroque Valentie a few days ago?  By the time I got over to the challenge site, it had closed.  Sniff, sniff.

Enjoy,
Bonnie

5 comments:

Sylvia said...

Hi Bonnie, your water coloring is lovely! If you want control use a blender pen! that is what I use on all my water color cards. This is a beautiful card. Love how you used your colors. Thanks for playing the ColourQ challenge this week.

Pamela Lash said...

I bought some SU watercolors just recently but haven't had a chance to use them. I love your work which is both creative and inspiring. TFS! I just became a follower and would love if you follow me too!
Mama Lovebug from LoveBug Creations
http://lovebugcreations3.blogspot.com/

LeAnne said...

I think it's beautiful. Do you use a paintbrush or an aquapainter? I love using the aquapainter, although some of my customers tell me they still have trouble with too much water. I just blot, blot, blot before I paint! I LOVE watercoloring, just don't do it enough! Thanks for playing with us at the CQC this week!

Doris said...

This is knockout gorgeous! I'm enchanted with watercoloring too, but only with stamping. I took a watercolor art course at our local community college last summer and found out I don't really like it at all. It's a very unforgiving medium. But for coloring in a stamped image like yours, it's much more fun!
Stop by my blog and go for the blog candy I'm offering!

Marisa said...

Love how you used the ColorQ colours on this gorgeous card. The flower is fabulously coloured.