Thursday, January 6, 2011

Playing with ColourQ

You know how some days everything comes so easy and then some days they don't?  Well, the past couple of days have been don'ts for me!  I have had lots of false starts and now have several pieces on my table that just didn't look like I thought they should!  That UFO box just keeps growing!


I wanted to do a card for the ColourQ challenge which is to use So Saffron, Daffodil Delight, Soft Sky, Black & White.  Do you know that as much as I love yellow, I had trouble using 2 shades!

This is the best I could come up with.

The Soft Sky was an InColor a few years ago.  Fortunately I had a few pieces of the textured cardstock left.  I love this color! Wish SU had made it one of their core colors!

I inked the flowers with markers, using Daffodil Delight on the outside and So Saffron on the middle one.  Then I used the markers to color the flowers a bit after I stamped them. Some black seed beads filled the flower centers and I adhered them with Crystal Effects.

The design piece measures 1 3/8" x 3 7/8".  The Daffodil Delight mat is 1/8" larger. Soft Sky piece is 4" X 5 1/4", the black mat 1/8" larger.  Base card is 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Eastern Blooms, Three Little Words
Ink:  Black StazOn, So Saffron & Daffodil Delight Markers
Paper:  Whisper White, Soft Sky, Daffodil Delight
Accessories:  Black Satin Ribbon, Black Seed Beads

Enjoy,
Bonnie

4 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

This is lovely, Bonnie! What a great take on the ColourQ colors. So lucky that you have some soft sky left! Sorry that your UFO box is filling up, though. :(

Benzi said...

Beautifully done, Bonnie! I love the soft sky and Daffodil Delight together. I can never do anything with yellow and be pleased with it...but I see you certainly can.

Sylvia said...

Such a lovely card, Bonnie! thanks for playing the ColourQ challenge this week!

Arielle H Gordon said...

So funny, Bonnie - I almost used this set for my card.... yours is AWESOME! Thank you so much for playing with us at the colourQ this week!