Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Still Life Iris


I have a lot of retired SU stamps.  I have sold a few, but I have kept more than I've sold.  I have to buy carefully, so I usually  love what I buy.  The stamps are such good quality, that they keep on doing a wonderful job for me.  So I was real excited to see the SUO challenge was to use a favorite retired stamp.


My stamps are like my children.  I love them all; no favorites.  But I can say that I really love this stamp!  Irises are among my favorite Spring flower.

This one is stamped on watercolor paper with Black StazOn and colored with a blender pen and ink pads.

The card is 3 1/2" x 6" and fits in the open end envelopes.  The actual card is a repurposed backing sheet from a package of DSP.  I cut 2 at 4 1/4" and had this 3 1/2" strip left.  It had the writing in the corner, but I covered it up with the image.  It's heavier than cardstock and not as bright a white, so it goes well with the watercolor paper.

I hope you enjoy this sweet Iris as much as I do.

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Still Life Stems
Ink:  Black StazOn, Pale Plum, Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant, Certainly Celery, Garden Green
Paper:Watercolor, Elegant Eggplant, Backing sheet
Accessories:  Blender Pen, Basic Pearls

Thanks for stopping by.  Enjoy!
Bonnie

7 comments:

Benzi said...

Yes, I love irises and all the beautiful colors in which they bloom. This purple one is gorgeous!

Emily Keaton said...

How beautiful! Oh, Bonnie, I just love the long shape of this card--a perfect match for the long iris you used. Love it!

Marisa said...

I have these irises growing in my front garden and always love it when they come into bloom. Fabulously coloured image and a lovely card.

Kerry Parkinson said...

Your colouring is just lovely and that stamp is divine! Such a lovely card and gorgeous colours; I love purples. TFS

Deb Hoekstra said...

Such a lovely, spring-like card. Thanks for joining at SUO Challenges.

Heidi Baks said...

Beautiful! I love my springtime flowers too! Thanks for playing at SUO Challenges.

Jen Timko said...

Your coloring on this is stunning! What a beautiful stamp choice. So glad you joined us at SUO Challenges!