Thursday, May 26, 2011

Mixed Up Hydrangea

When I was trying to decide what stamp set to use for the Color Challenge on SCS (Baja Breeze, Soft Suede & Perfect Plum), I thought of the hydrangea in the Because I Care set.  My blue hydrangeas turned into a blue/purple color.  Kind of like this...


I used Carly's layout from this card.  She's the Featured Stamper at SCS this week.  I reversed the layout, used a different stamp and sentiment and different colors.

I stamped the hydrangea in Perfect Plum then went back with the blender pen and Baja Breeze ink to color some of the petals.  Using the blender pen roughs up the paper some, so I smacked it with the VersaMark ink and clear embossed it, then cut out the flower head and adhered it above the stamped stem.  (The stem was stamped off twice before stamping on the card.)  The embossing brightens up the colors a bit.

This was my sixth try.  After the third mess up, I swore only one more.  Then I would get another idea and try again.  I didn't like this at first, but after looking at it a couple of days, I like it better.  I hope you like it.

Blogger continues to keep me from commenting.  It seems to be stuck on making me sign in when I'm already signed in.  I see on the Internet that others are having the same problem.  I appreciate the ones who have been leaving comments and wonder how you are getting around this mess.  I hate it when they try to "improve" something that works and it just gets worse!  I know my hubby is getting sick of hearing me yell at the computer!

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Because I Care, Sincere Salutations
Ink:  Perfect Plum, Baja Breeze, Soft Suede, VersaMark
Paper:  Perfect Plum, Whisper White
Accessories:  Clear EP, Corner Rounder Punch

Thanks for stopping by.

Enjoy!

Bonnie




2 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

I love this card Bonnie. It reminds me of a holiday we had in Brittany where hydrangeas grow like weeds! Their hydrangeas were very two-tone (it must be something in the soil!) and looked rather like yours.

You sound so frustrated about the comment situation. Here's a link to another crafter who has been having problems commenting and has found a solution that works for her: http://jules-alwayswithaheart.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-can-visit-and-leave-comments-if.html

Benzi said...

Bonnie, this card is beautiful in every way...love how it is colored.