Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Crazy Birthday Balloon

I spent far too long on this card! And it's nothing extra.  But I'm going to share it with you anyway since I haven't had time to make another.


The Paper Players challenge this week is Birthdays.  If you have time, do go over there and look.  Their design team has left some awesome cards there as well as other participants in the challenge.

This layout is from the Sketch Challenge last Wednesday at SCS.  And the Technique Challenge today, also on SCS, was to use altered designer paper.  I ran this piece of DP through the Big Shot.  Hopefully that will count.

After painting the balloon with my Tangerine Tango SU Marker, I went over it with the VersaMarker and clear embossed it.  It gave it a little shine that made me happy.

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Crazy for Cupcakes, Wow Flowers (Retired)
Ink:  SU Markers, Tangerine Tango, Tempting Turquoise
Paper:  Peach Parfait, Whisper White, Unknown DSP from my stash
Other: VersaMarker, Certainly Celery Satin Ribbon, Scallop Border & 1" Circle Punch, Flower Brad, Big Shot, Square Lattice & Perfect Polka Dots EF

I'm so glad you stopped by.  Do leave a comment if you have time, so I can visit you.

Enjoy!

8 comments:

Sandie Conner said...

Great way to emboss the balloon for some added shine! This is a very festive birthday card, love it. Thanks for having fun with The Paper Players this week!

Colleen Dietrich said...

There's nothing better than a shiny balloon for one's birthday! Except maybe some stamping supplies. ;) Cute card, Bonnie!

Vicky Hayes said...

The embossed striped DP looks absolutely brilliant and forms a great background for your shiny balloon! Vx

Benzi said...

What a pretty card..so bright and cheerful. Love those stripes.

Julie Marshall said...

Cute card! Love the altered DSP. I have been seeing that popping up all over. Great use of it here ;) Thanks so much for playing along with the Paper Players this week!

Nance Leedy said...

Great use of the layout and I love the flower brad--it just pops! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Hi Bonnie! Love all of the pretty texture and the shine you added to the balloon is such a great touch. I especially like that little yellow floral brad you used as a finishing touch. Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Paper Players for our birthday challenge!! :)

LeAnne said...

Love the texture on your card, and nothing says "birthday" like a balloon! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!!!