Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pumpkin Thanksgiving

Thanks for all the comments and pep talks from yesterday's post.  Today was a better day.  Jack didn't sleep much but he talked to me a lot.  Always with a big smile on his face.  Those are the rewards of babies.  I am so blessed!

Last week I had the Papercrafters group in the studio for some card making fun.  This is one of the cards I  made for a sample.


The round pumpkin is made from 3 circles punched in Pumpkin Pie with the 1 3/8" circle punch and the small oval punch (which has been discontinued, sorry).  The tall pumpkin is made from 3 ovals punched from Tangerine Tango with the large oval punch.  I have sponged the edges with the same color inks.  The stems are cut from scraps of Handsome Hunter (also discontinued) and the vines with the Big Shot and the Swirls Scribbles Sizzlit die.

The background piece is Very Vanilla embossed with my favorite Square Lattice Embossing Folder.  The beautiful sentiment (I wish I could write like that) is stamped with Handsome Hunter on a scrap of Vanilla. I used Handsome Huter as a mat and card base.

This next card was made from some ovals and circles that were left on the table.


This time I used Chocolate Chip for the stems and sentiment.  The "ground" was sponged with Crumb Cake and overstamped in Old Olive with the filigree from the Vintage Vogue set.

I used my new Simply Scored to make a border around the sentiment.  All this is on a Naturals White card base.

Here are some pictures of some of the activity that day.


This is a great group of ladies and I love getting together with them.  They always manage to inspire me.

Card Recipe (Hunter Thanksgiving)
Stamps:  Hand Penned Holidays
Ink:  Handsome Hunter
Paper:  Handsome Hunter, Very Vanilla
Other:  1 3/8" Circle, Large Oval, Small Oval & Corner Rounder Punches, Big Shot, Square Lattice EF, Swirls Scribbles Sizzlit die

Card Recipe (Pumpkins in the Field)
Stamps:  Hand Penned Holidays, Vintage Vogue
Ink:  Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake, Old Olive
Paper:  Naturals White
Other:  Punches as above, Stampin' Sponge, Color Spritzer Tool and markers, Simply Scored

Thanks for stopping by.

Enjoy!

7 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

Oh, thanks so much for the great inspiration tonight, Bonnie! I love those punch-art pumpkins. I really want to give those a try!

Kim S said...

The pumpkins are wonderful and I love your idea for the ground using Vintage Vogue!

Cynthia said...

Those pumpkins are ADORABLE!!! I love how you scored a border on the second one. Really cool idea and it makes the sentiment pop.

Benzi said...

I love those pumpkins. And, the Sizzlit die was perfect for the stems. I really like how you added the Vintage Vogue on the 2nd card.
Super work. What fun you girls have!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Wonderful, heart-warming CAS fall cards, Bonnie! Glad you got lots of talk from Jack, too. ;)

Vicky Hayes said...

Sounds like a better day today Bonnie - and it certainly looks as if you had fun last week! I love your pumpkin cards - the sponging is so effective.

Shirley said...

They are both so unique, creative, and so pretty too, Bonnie!