Monday, November 28, 2011

Mistletoe or Holly

Hi there.  I managed 20 minutes of time in my craft room before Jack decided he just had to join me.  That was hours ago, and I've finally got this card finished and ready to share.


I believe this is supposed to be mistletoe.  But around here, there is an ornamental holly that has similar leaves and red berries.  So I took a little creative license and used the red berries.  They show up so much better.

I even added some Dazzling Details to give it a frosty look.


The layout is from this card that Denise did and it's the CAS challenge this week on SCS.

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Easy Events
Ink:  Jet Black StazOn, SU Markers (Garden Green, Real Red, Sahara Sand)
Paper:  Real Red, Whisper White, Garden Green
Other:  Scallop Border Punch, Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine, Snow Burst EF

Speaking of creative license.  Luke brought a Thanksgiving project home from preschool today.  It was his Thanksgiving turkey.  He pointed out that the leaf behind is his feathers and the yellow is his beak and can you spot both feet?  (I think Mr. Turkey was trying to run away and his feet slipped out from under him. LOL.)   Here's a peek at it.
I think Luke really liked those googly eyes!

I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

I'm so glad you stopped in for a peek.

Enjoy!

11 comments:

Cynthia said...

OMGosh but I love that turkey!!! =D And I love your holly card too. :-) We've got those holly trees and bushes in our yard--the robins LOVE those berries!

Shirley said...

Your card is so elegant, Bonnie! and your grandson's card is just precious! Isn't it wonderful to have them tell about their creations and how they see the world and make do with what they get to create too!

Kim S said...

I think the turkey looks like he is running away as fast as he can and completely wild-eyed!! And I love your card too! The dazzling details is a perfect touch!

Vicky Hayes said...

I love your holly card Bonnie - such a beautiful image - and I agree that Luke must have REALLy liked those googly eyes!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love your card, and the embossing

Aileen said...

I think your sprig passes very well as Holly. Love the embossed background.

Wow that turkey is fab. i like googly eyes too! x

Benzi said...

Your card is just gorgeous, Bonnie. It is so Christmas-y with the holly/mistletoe and berries.

I see those feet on that turkey and can't help but spot the eyes. How cute! He did a great job. I'm sure he feels your life with great joy.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh, this is such a cute turkey! Just precious. :) And Nana made a pretty frosted berries creation, too!

Karen said...

Beautiful. I've seen the mistletoe image previously and I thought it was holly and berries! Lovely use of colour and gems Karen x

Marisa said...

I MUST get that EF! It is fabulous!! Lovely spring of mistletoe and the touch of baker's twine is perfect!

Marisa said...

Ooops, forgot to mention the Thanksgiving card is precious!!! Oh how I loved getting things from my kids when they were young and have a box of art projects from them. Feet look like he is running away full tilt :)