Friday, June 8, 2012

More Red, White and Blue, with Green

It seems like there are a lot of challenges out there this week wanting red, white and blue.


ColorQ stepped it up with 2 shades of blue and added a green.  I"m lovin' these bright colors.



I used Linda Callahan's fantastic sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.

Yesterday I had one of those stamping days we all hate.  Nothing seemed to go right! Ink smudged, punching didn't line up, card pieces stuck in the wrong place and wouldn't be budged.  I know we all have those days sometimes.  Aren't they frustrating?  Despite all that, I finished this card.  But don't look too close, OK?  And I won't even tell you what I discovered on the back of the card.  I'm not sure how I'll disguise that!

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Bright Blossoms, Easy Events
Ink:  Island Indigo, SU Markers (Real Red, Lucky Limeade, Tempting Turquoise)
Paper:  Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, Island Indigo
Other:  Color Spritzer Tool, Scallop Trim Corner and Border Punches, Big Shot, Square Lattice EF, Adorning Accents Edgelit & EF, Tempting Turquoise Grosgrain Ribbon.

I'm so glad you could stop by and spend a few minutes.

Enjoy!







18 comments:

Victoria said...

I'm looking closely and I don't see any problems! But we all have those days, so don't worry. Tomorrow is another day. And you have a stunning card here. I have been pondering the Colour C colours - I don't find them especially easy - but with all this delightful white space, they look brilliant together.

Cynthia said...

What a beautiful card, Bonnie! Love the colors!!

Linda Callahan said...

I love it! Sweet and simple with a lot of pop!

Carol L said...

You beautifully combined the colors in this challenge and came up with a real pretty card! I just love those brilliant blue colors!

Kara said...

Love the spritz of color over the flowers!! So pretty! So glad you could join in the fun this week at the ColourQ.

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Bonnie, I love what you did with the colors this week! Thanks for joining in the fun this week at the ColourQ.

Vicky Hayes said...

This is beautiful Bonnie! I love the cluster of flowers and I like the positioning of the ribbon at the top of the turquoise strip. Yes we all have those frustrating days and I know all about finding ink/pizza/mud (yes really!) on the back of a card and my solution is to chop the front off, cut it down slightly and mount it onto a fresh card base using dimensionals!

Jen Timko said...

Well, we never would have known to see this! What a fun, happy card this is! Glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Mitchell said...

Well, I think it's fantastic and I can't see any goofs! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches and colourQ!

Emily Keaton said...

That frame is so lovely, Bonnie. And the misting looks great!! So pretty :)

Darnell said...

You did a super card (on the front) in spite of your frustrating kind of day! I hate those. Hope you're have a great weekend!

LeAnne said...

Coulda fooled me--looks like a perfect card! I am so glad you played with the CQC colors this week! Love it!

Jen Sannes said...

Bonnie, I would say you rocked this card! I love your color combination and your take on this week's sketch. Thanks for playing along!

Ann Schach said...

Very pretty! So clean and classy. I like the pop of color provided by the red! Thanks for playing at Freshly Made Sketches!

Aileen said...

Your card looks fab to me. Love your lattice frame. x

Colleen Dietrich said...

OH, yes, those back of the cards smudges are soooo frustrating!!

The front of yours, however, looks beautiful to me!

Benzi said...

The card is so pretty, Bonnie! Now, I'm curious about the back. LOL
Yes, we all have those days, I'm sure. I know I do. As a matter of fact, I was tangling with a card last night...gave it 3 different looks and still not happy. Good thing I have about a week or so before it needs uploading.

Linda Beeson said...

I love that shape of your little label.