Sunday, July 8, 2012

Another Reason to Smile

While I was playing with the Reason to Smile set (see previous post for details), I thought I'd try coloring the image.  I used the colors from SCS Color Challenge, White, Crumb Cake and Calypso Coral.  Put on your sunglasses and turn on the fan. This one's hot and bright!


Actually it's not that bright IRL.  The enhance feature turned it a couple shades brighter I think.

Did you notice that I used Decorator Paper?  It's a leftover from the Sale-a-bration pack. Yeah, me!

I stamped the flower with Jet Black StazOn on a scrap of watercolor paper and colored with markers.  Pretty plain and simple.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Reason to Smile
Ink:  Jet Black StazOn, SU Markers (Calypso Coral, Crumb Cake)
Paper:  Whisper White, DSP, Crumb Cake, Calypso Coral


If you want to know about the Reason to Smile promotion, there's a link on my sidebar.

I received two pats on the back at SCS today.


and


And a pat on the back from ColorQ


What an honor!  That's a real Reason to Smile.

Thanks so much for stopping by and if you had the time to leave a comment.  And I hope you can come back soon.

Enjoy!

7 comments:

Victoria said...

Congratulations on your pats on the back! Very well deserved!
This bright paper and beautiful flower really are reasons to smile!

jimlynn said...

Hot and bright - and JUST RIGHT! Very pretty card!
Congrats on the "pats on the back" too!
Lynn

Benzi said...

Love it, Bonnie. I see congrats are in order. I see why your cards are in the favorites. Good going!

Cynthia said...

Congrats to you, Bonnie! Love this card--the colors and the beautiful simplicity of the flower are just perfect.

Darnell said...

Okay, well, I would made that card the WINNER at ColourQ, but I'm happy you got a shout-out!

I love how you are doing your Gerber cards, both hot pink and blue. I have a really old Gerber Daisy set and still love it and them.

(Congrats on your SCS pats, too! Well-deserved!)

Darnell said...

P.S. I'll be watching your head now. We don't want it exploding off your shoulders!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Look at all those accolades! Congratulations! I do LOVE this bright card. The sketch you used and the colors, the patterned paper...everything is wonderful!