Tuesday, July 24, 2012

CAS-ual Fridays Black Base

Here's a card for the  CAS-ual Fridays challenge last week. 






cfc62
CFC62:  Create a Clean And Simple card using a black card base

I found the image in my UFO box and thought it would be a good fit.  LOL, I think I could have started from scratch and finished sooner.  I've used this beautiful silhouette tree for lots of sympathy cards but I didn't need any for my stash.  So I had to think out of the usual box.  That seems to be harder to do with each birthday!  I hear exercising the brain will help to hold of the Oldtimers Disease so I don't mind stretching.  Besides, I had some of my favorite stamping friends around to help me with ideas.

I used my Itty Bitty Punches and a scrap of Melon Mambo to add some color to the tree. Then I used my burnishing tool (pilfered from DH's stash of tools) on the little flowers.  After rubbing them on the piercing mat, I picked them into 2 layers so they wouldn't be so bulky. Tiny pearls dress up the centers.

I dug way back for the sentiment.  It's from a long retired Stampin' Up! set called Autumn Leaf Prints.  I still use those leaves every Fall and I love the two little sentiments with that set.

I scored a frame around the design area from the inside of the card with my Simply Scored.  Lines were scored at 1/4" from the edge and 1/8" inside of that.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Thoughts and Prayers, Autumn Leaf Prints (retired)
Ink:  Jet Black StazOn
Paper:  Basic Black, Whisper White, Melon Mambo scrap
Other:  Simply Scored, Basic Pearls, Whisper White 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon

We finally got some much needed rain.  We had some heavy thunder and lightening with it.  The lights flickered several times, but we still have our power.  Thankful for that too.

I'm so glad you stopped by.  I hope you come back soon.

Enjoy!

8 comments:

Cynthia said...

I love this tree! Love the black and that solid POP of color--really beautiful!!

jimlynn said...

Oh Bonnie, I would have never thought to use this image with the flowers on it! SO PRETTY! Love the black and white with the pop of red too.
Lynn

Darnell said...

This is going in my tutorial file. Love the (lots of work, but worth) flowers, the teeny pearls, and especially the scored frame. It's a bit hard to see, so thanks for the actual "how to!" Well, love the whole design, too, of course. Good 'en!

Victoria said...

The tree looks great with the scored lines on the black card base. And those little flowers and pearls are marvellous pops of colour. I'm curious: just what is a UFO box?

Benzi said...

Bonnie, this is beautiful. Love the tree with that black background. It really makes the image and flowers pop.

Into hubby's tools, huh? We crafters use what we have to, don't we? LOL

Alice said...

Awesome -- as usual! Thanks for sharing.

Angie Tieman said...

This is a beauty! Love that tree with the black and the sentiment you found to pair with it is perfect!! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love love those little flowers makes a GREAT card