Wednesday, October 24, 2012

For Queen Claudia

This is for the Queen for the Day at Splitcoaststampers.  Trish names the queen on Fridays and I usually get to browse the Queen's gallery but don't get a card made until much later....if ever!  Anyway, this week the Queen is Claudia and I wish I had time to CASE many of her cards.  This is the card I chose to work from mainly because I have this beautiful flower and it had been sitting in my "must use before I put it away"  box.


While I was trying to decide which of Claudia's card to CASE, the SCS Color Challenge was posted.   This week's colors are Very Vanilla, Pretty in Pink and Primrose Petals.  Dessert is lace.  So I was able to combine both challenges into one card.  I love it when that happens!

The layout is this week's retrosketches #34


The flower was stamped on scraps of white inked with Pretty in Pink. I fit the Stamp-a-majig around the stamp before removing it.  Then I inked the stamp with Primrose Petals, stamped off once, fit in the SAMJ and overstamped the Pretty in Pink.  I used a Blender Pen to blend the colors together.  The flower is fussy cut and layered on another flower done the same way.

I diecut and embossed a lacy border and added a bit of lace that I've had forever.  So I'll take this over to Pixie's Crafty Workshop where we share our snippets.  In this case, I'll be sharing dessert too!

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Blooming with Kindness
Ink:  Pretty in Pink, Primrose Petals
Paper:  Primrose Petals, Very Vanilla, Whisper White
Other:  Big Shot, Large Scallop Edgelit, Delicate Designs EF,  Lace (unknown origin)

It's so nice of you to stop by.  I hope you'll leave me a comment so I can return the favor.

Enjoy!


11 comments:

Benzi said...

Beautiful, Bonnie! I love your embossed border and the flower is awesome. Pretty ribbon, too.

Cynthia said...

How cute! I love the lace and your flower is GORGEOUS!!!

jimlynn said...

So elegant and pretty! Love the lace you used on here and that beautiful flower!
Lynn

Marybeth said...

Bonnie this is stunning! I love the bead of ribbon so elegant! The flower is also a show stopper!

Allisa said...

Love the lace trim!

LeAnne said...

Gosh, I was just thinking of this color combo, too...this is STUNNING!

Ellen Taylor said...

Stunning flower Bonnie! It looks real!Beautilicous lacy border! TFS

Jules said...

Hi Bonnie

A beautiful finished card. Love the embossed scalloped edge and your lovely trim.

Great use of your snippets. Di will be impressed!!

Love Jules xx

Di said...

What a gorgeous card Bonnie - love that big flower and the lace is just perfect. Brilliant! Di xx

Bette S said...

Beautiful card, Bonnie! That is my favorite flower stamp and you have done it so gorgeously!! The lace is icing on the card!

Susan said...

Gorgeous! Love the details of the scalloped edge and the lace trim.