Sunday, October 21, 2012

Mad Scientist

Yesterday we celebrated our Grandson Gavin's 8th birthday.  Here's the card I made for him.


Gavin memorized the Periodic Table a couple of years ago.  He still remembers it.  So Mom and Dad brought in a Mad Scientist for his birthday party.  It turned out that the scientist was a girl.  If I'd known, I would have given him/her a different hairdo and left off the facial hair.  

This is what I did on the inside.  I found the first part on the Internet and added his name.


He pointed out that there were some letters missing.  We can't slip anything past him!

The kids really enjoyed the experiments and making slime.  I don't know what she put in the slime, but that stuff has a life of it's own.  And we had 3 other grandchildren bring it to my house after the party.  I'm still finding the pesky stuff stuck on things.  Even me!

Gavin is such a delightful little boy.  Not only is he smart but he's fun and creative and such a joy to be around.

Happy Birthday our sweet boy.
Photo courtesy of Carolina Girls Photography
Since I made the scientist out of scraps, I'm going to go visit Pixie's Crafty Workshop Week 43.  That playground is a fun place to visit.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

Card Recipe
Paper:  Non SU green, Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Cajun Craze
Other:  Google Eyes (non SU), Punches

Hair - Cup Cake
Face - Extra Large Oval
Nose - Jewlry Tag (trimmed end)
Mustasche - Decorative Label
Sleeves - Modern Label (cut off ends)
Hands - Modern Label (ends)
Buttons - Perfect Pearls (non SU)
Test Tube - Word Window (punched from a scrap of Acetate)
Foam - Perfect Pearls (non SU)
Shoes - Heart to Heart medium heart (retired)

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Enjoy!

15 comments:

Di said...

Hi Bonnie! What a fun card - it's great and the Happy Birthday inside is a perfect foil to the brilliant image (laughed about the missing letters and the growing 'gloop'). Super to see you playing, gloop is banned though here in the Playground :) Hugs, Di xx

Carol said...

This is fabulous Bernie, love how you've done the wording inside.. Slime...I remember that well when my boys were that age!! Carol x

Cynthia said...

Oh my gosh! That is ridiculously adorable!!!!!!!!!!!! =D

Benzi said...

What a cutie he is, Bonnie. Sounds as if he is smart as can be, too.

Grandparents have to have some strange things entering their house..(slime), don't they? Hope you can rid yourself of the slime soon. LOL

The card is so cute and I'm sure one he loves.

jimlynn said...

Gavin, is such a cutie!!! Don't tell him I said that though - just tell him I said he was very handsome!!!

This is adorable and so creative Bonnie! Love it.

Lynn

Kim S said...

Wow - he's did the periodic table two years ago at the age of 6!!?? My 16-year still struggles with it! What a perfect card and I bet he appreciated that it was a guy!

Lisa said...

That is so creative, I love it!

One of my friends used to own the Mad Scientist business here in Alaska and I loved the shows, so much fun!

Happy birthday to your grandson!

Charlotte said...

Great card Bonnie! As a scientist I really love your card :) and the way you made the text in the inside of the card! Super idea!
Greetings,
Charlotte

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that your gson memorized the periodic table when he was only six!! That's such a cute card and the inside is brilliant, even with the missing letters! Can't we sneak some gloop into the playground? Miss Di will never fin out, snigger!

Hugs
Brenda

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Oh! Bonnie this is a smashingingly wonderful card for a little boy, I bet he was thrilled to bits.

Darnell said...

I can see where Gavin got his smarts, Bonnie! That card is genius!! (He's a cutie, too!)

MaryH said...

Really cute card. Bet the recipient loved it to pieces. Cleverly done, and the colors just popped off the card. TFS

Ellen Taylor said...

Fabulous punch art Bonnie! So creative and clever! Gavin sure is a cutie pie!

Aileen said...

So creative Bonnie. Love your mad scientist. Sounds like the party was lots of fun. x

Colleen Dietrich said...

Ha! So adorable and clever. :)