Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The Star

The CAS challenge at SCS this week is based on a quote...


I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night- Galileo 


I have done several cards using this set and I think this is my favorite.  The speckles in the Natural cardstock are so pleasing to me.

I used a VersaMarker to add dots to the sky and embossed them for extra stars then sponged the sky.

I'm going to take this over to the CASology challenge too.


Yesterday I had read:  After Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the time of King Herod, Magi from the east came to Jerusalem and asked, "Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews?  We saw his star when it rose and have come to worship him."  Matthew 2:1-2

and

Then Herod called the Magi secretly and found out from them the exact time the star had appeared.  Matthew 2:7

What a special time!

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Come to Bethlehem
Ink:  Encore Silver, VersaMarker, Not Quite Navy, Midnight Muse
Paper:  Whisper White, Naturals White
Other:  Silver EP, Stampin' Sponges, Basic Rhinestone, Silver twine (non SU)

Thanks for the visit.

Enjoy!



23 comments:

jimlynn said...

Beautiful card Bonnie. I too love that image and was getting ready to order it today! So lovely.
Lynn

Marisa said...

Great way to use the TIME challenge ;) Such a fabulous image and one that reflects the deep truth and joy Christmas brings! Well done!

Loll said...

Wow!! Beautiful image and love the colors you've sponged - gorgeous! Love the layout with the curved bottom of your main panel ... so artsy!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely card. And the thoughts in your post are even more lovely. Thanks for turning my thoughts from what had been a bad morning to a better direction.

Benzi said...

Bonnie, this is beautiful! And, a special TIME for sure. I love it!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to put this in a comment, but I've tried several times this morning to sign up to follow your blog by e-mail and the "submit" button is not working. Hope you can get it fixed. I'll try back later.

Cynthia said...

OK, I love that quote and I totally love your take on it! And I ABSOLUTELY love your idea of time for the CASology challenge!! Way to think outside the box!! =D Gorgeous card!

wienerhoneymooners said...

I love the somber and serene atmosphere of the imagery you have created with your sponge effect night sky. Lovely. lovely!

Anonymous said...

Great card

Ardyth said...

Very creative take on the Cue Card, Bonnie, and a gorgeous, rich looking card! Thanks so much for taking the TIME to play along with CASology this week!

Marie Bingaman said...

Beautiful! :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Bonnie what a fantastic way to interpret this week's cue card. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

Aileen said...

Beautiful card Bonnie. I love the shape of the panel following the image. x

Jules said...

Hi Bonnie

Very beautiful indeed!!

I love the fabulous night sky and that special star!!

Have a good day.

Love Jules xx

~Tammy~ said...

This is breathtaking! Wow Bonnie!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Oooooh Bonnie, this is a fabulous Christmas scene. The sponged sky is awesome.
Hugs, Sylvia xx

Gisela said...

Beautiful way of using the stamp, Love your card,

Marybeth said...

This is the perfect Christmas Card. Beautiful verse too. The sky looks amazing.

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous embossing and inking! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Rosemary said...

bonnie... this is absolutely GORGEOUS!! beautiful CAS design, too!! thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

Melissa said...

This is one B-eautiful holiday card!!! I just LOVE that single gemstone star too! Absolutely stunning! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology again! :)

Colleen said...

Beautiful! I love that stamp and the added dots are a great idea!

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Amazing. And possibly my favorite Christmas card this year! Thanks for sharing the verses as well as the creation. It adds so much.