Tuesday, January 1, 2013

January 2013

Happy New Year my friends!  I hope the year has gotten off to a great start for you.  It's been rainy here all day.  A good day to stay inside and take down the Christmas decorations.  Most of them anyway.  I received so many beautiful handcrafted cards this year.  I just had to leave them on display little while longer. I haven't finished enjoying them yet.

I thought I'd share one of the calendars that I made this year.  If I don't forget, I'll share one page on the 1st of each month.  Here's January.


I found the calendar on the Internet and thought I bookmarked it.  I can't find it now or I'd tell you where it came from.  It was too large for what I wanted so I resized all the months.  It was still larger than I'd like.  I made some a couple of years ago and they were quite a bit smaller and much quicker to do the stamping.  Next year's will be back to the smaller size.

All supplies are Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted.

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Winter Memories (last day to order is Jan. 2)
Ink:  Jet Black StazOn, SU Markers, Pool Party (for sponged sky)
Paper:  GP cardstock (my printer handles it best)
Other: Simply Scored, Binder Clip (?), Marina Mist Ribbon

I'm not much on New Year's resolutions because I don't seem to ever remember them much less keep them.  Last year I resolved to smile more and grumble less.  I wrote it down in my journal so I wouldn't forget it.  I maybe succeeded a tiny bit so I'm resolving the same for this year.  Already I've broken the grumble part several times.  I'm remembering to smile when I grumble though so maybe there's hope.

My paper crafting goals for this year are to learn to color with Copic Markers and to use more Decorative Paper.  We'll see how that goes.

I look forward to continuing this paper crafting journey with you and to spending time with you here and on your blogs.  I hope to make many new friends too.  I just found where to look for subscribers and saw that I have over 200 email subscribers.  I don't know who you are, but know that I enjoy hearing from you as well as all my loyal followers.  Your comments and your creations are a constant source of inspiration to me.

So here's to you and the new year.  Cheers!

Enjoy!



9 comments:

Cynthia said...

Happy New Year, Bonnie! I LOVE your calendar--such a cute idea!! And 200 subscribers! Congrats but I'm not surprised! ;-) Your creations are always a source of inspiration!!

Loll said...

Beautiful calendar Bonnie.

Love your New Year resolution (both the smile more and grumble less ... and the crafting ones.) :)

I love buying patterned paper, but use so little of it on my cards. My stash has grown quite large and I just keep buying :) Need to use some more this year!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful calender Bonnie, gotta LOVE that bow and the embossing.

Happy New Year.

Cheryl O. said...

LOVE this, Bonnie! If you happen to come across the link, please share! And be encouraged - I'm another smiling grumbler - but like you said, hopefully a little less grumbling and way more smiling! :)

Rita W said...

Happy New Year, Bonnie! I love this calendar; I'm sure it's all amazing just like January!

Great crafting goals! I want to use what I have, limit my purchases, and mail out more cards. I hope it happens!

Aileen said...

Happy New Year Bonnie. Your calendar looks delightful. I'm not good at keeping resolutions so I'll keep quiet about mine and then you wont know if I break them!! x

Colleen Dietrich said...

What a great idea, making a calendar like this! I like the clip and bow holding the months together.

Congrats on 200 email subscribers! Wow, that is really something. As for me, I like to visit here not only for your pretty CAS projects, but also to read what you have to say. I always feel peaceful when here at your blog. Thank you for that! Happy New Year, Bonnie. :)

Benzi said...

Bonnie, I love the calendar and what a pretty bow. One year I made seven sets of calendars. That took a while!

Oh, I never make New Year's resolutions..probably wouldn't keep them. LOL

Darnell said...

That's a wonderful image for January, Bonnie, and a cool idea for a calendar! I don't believe you're much of a frowner, nor a grumbler! I think you are just joshin' us about that!!