Sunday, July 7, 2013

Featuring Danni with Bitty Butterflies

This week's Featured Stamper at SCS is Danni (aka danni5199).  I wasn't familiar with Danni's work but that's one reason I enjoy doing the Featured Stamper Challenge.  I love finding new inspiration!  There's no envelope and my butterflies are lined up like little soldiers, but I hope it's close to Danni's fun card.



Here's is another with different colors.


I also had inspiration from Liz at Simply Creative.  What a wonderful idea to use up some of those snippets!

Pixie's Crafty Workshop is always looking for cards made for snippets so I'll go over there again.  I was waiting at the gate on my last card and was a bit lonely being the first one in.  The real reason I was so early was really that I was late for the last weekly antics and figured I'd just wait til the gates opened back up.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  SU (both retired)
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Concord Crush
Paper:  Island Indigo, Concord Crush, Snippets
Other:  Perfect Polka Dots EF, Baker's Twine, Basic Rhinestones, Basic Pearls

It's been such a wonderful long weekend. Time spent with friends and family, crafting and a clean house are all things that make me happy.  

A friend sent me this link from U-tube.  It's an amazing rendition of Amazing Grace.  Here's the link if you're interested.

Thanks for stopping by.  That makes me happy too!

Enjoy!


15 comments:

jimlynn said...

Bonnie, both cards are wonderful! Love the colors you picked too. So pretty.
Lynn

Cathy said...

This would make a great set of cards Bonnie, I love the purples and the teal. The bling really makes the butterflies pop too.

Thankyou for the Merry Mondays link too :) Cathy x

Darnell said...

Your snippet butterflies are beautiful on display, Bonnie! I love that they're decked out in trendy ombre fashion!!

Sue - said...

Two lovely cards. So simple but so effective!

Elizabeth said...

Two terrific cards, Bonnie. A simple but really effective way of using butterflies. Elizabeth xx

Laura said...

Super Fun and sparkly Cards, Bonnie!! I love them both! TFS

scrappymo! said...

Wonderful snippetws cards. Love the ombre look! You always have a pretty EF design somewhere on your cards! This one is no exception!

Mary H. said...

Always get inspired by your wonderful cards. You manage to create such a beautiful layout, and each of these are lovely with the different colorways. I LIKE butterflies. And my fav emboss folder of 'em all I do believe. It's a classic. TFS & Hugs.

Marisa said...

Butterflies and dots - I'm a happy girl LOL! Darling cards :)

Anonymous said...

Pretty cards Bonnie-those little butterflies look really lovely against your embossed dotty backkground :)
Nessa xx

Amanda said...

Fabulous cards and you are right a perfect way to use the snippets. Hugs, Amanda x

Benzi said...

Two beautiful CAS cards with that display of butterflies. Lovely colors!

Oh, Bonnie...thank you for sending that link of Amazing Grace. How beautiful! That is a great way to start my morning. I think I'll have to listen to that every morning. It just stirs the soul.

Susan said...

Wonderful idea for using up scraps. I love both colour combinations. I listened to the You-Tube Amazing Grace you linked to - beautiful and so haunting with the sound of the pan-pipes.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Pretty pretty pretty

Di said...

Two beautiful cards Bonnie - love the colours you used against the white embossed background. And snippets too of course:)

I just listened to the You Tube link - beautiful. The funeral I was at last week was in fact the Scottish chap who I wrote fondly about only a few weeks ago - he called us his Three Wee Witches. And we sang Amazing Grace at the funeral as well. Thank you for the link.

Hugs, Di xx