Sunday, August 18, 2013

Butterfly Collection

I love butterflies.  What!  You hadn't noticed?  LOL. When I saw this Butterfly Collection Wheel in the big catalog, you know I had to order it.  And I had to take it off the wheel so I could us it as a regular stamp.

Edited to add:  Lil' Inker Designs is celebrating their 3rd birthday!  I'm new to the Lil' Inker's obsession bandwagon.  But I love these stitched rectangle mats and as soon as I save some more pennies, I'll be ordering more from these folks.


I think hope these butterfly colors kinda go with this picture and along with the stitched mat will count.

Did I say there were prizes?  You know they are and I could sure use a gift certificate to buy some more of their fantastic products! Pennies add up slow!




Did you notice it's a one layer card?  I haven't made a one layer card in quite a while.  I think it's about time I played with the One Layer Wednesday challenge again.  Ardyth of MASKerade is hosting the challenge this week and she posted an inspiration photo.

Love fringe.  Simple & pretty Lindi Fringe Duvet - Anthropologie.com #anthrofave #juvenilehalldesign

The Queen for the Day challenge this week is honoring past queens whose blog names begin with P-R.  When I saw this card by pegmac71, I knew just what I wanted to do.  And for a change it worked out just like I envisioned.

Paper Players Challenge #159 is 

Ann's Clean and Simple One-Layer Card Challenge


The Thanksgiving Crusade has been launched by Susan of Simplicity fame. 

In her words we're crusading to save the message of Thanksgiving amidst the rush-rush-rush of the busy holiday season".   

She has a linky so you can add any Thanksgiving/Gratitude cards over there.  Then send them out and let those special people in your life know how much they mean to you.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Butterfly Collection Jumbo Wheel (gone wheel-less)
Ink:  Bermuda Bay, SU Markers (Midnight Muse, Tangerine Tango, Pumpkin Pie, Bermuda Bay)
Paper:  Whisper White
Other:  Stamp-a-majig, Stitched Mats: Rectangles (Lil' Inkers), Rhinestones (?)

I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig for placement of the butterflies and inked with markers.  After giving the whole stamp a good huff, I stamped.  Some of the butterflies didn't stamp well so I swiped some ink on a plastic lid and picked up color with the blender pen to fill in the rough spots.  I like the way they aren't perfectly solid.

To go wheel-less,  use a kraft knife to open the seam then microwave the wheel for 10 seconds.  Gently remove the rubber from the wheel and peel off the glue from the back of the stamp.  I usually trim the end off so it will fit on my longest block measuring @5 1/2".

Thanks so much for the visit.

Enjoy!

19 comments:

Cynthia said...

Love your sweet butterflies! We have sure had a lot of them around here!

Sue - said...

Love your butterflies Bonnie and the colours.

jimlynn said...

Beautiful butterflies! Love the stitched border too.
Lynn

Benzi said...

One layer cards are so awesome. I love how you changed the wheel to a stamp. The card is beautiful.

LeAnne said...

Love this, Bonnie! Clever to use this wheel this way!!! The colors are so brilliant! So glad you were able to share this at the Paper Players!

Ardyth said...

I was shocked when you said "queens whose names begin with P-R" because that must be me - Ardyth Percy-Robb! lol! Then I understood what you actually meant! I love your fresh card - great idea to use the butterflies! Thanks for playing, Bonnie!

Cathy said...

Wow! this is gorgeous Bonnie, love the butterflies, the more the better :) Cathy x

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous simple card! Everything flows so nicely, the stitching lines really help frame it out. Beautiful work :)


Best crafty wishes!
Amber
Staying Crafty

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SO pretty Bonnie, love your selection of colours too

Darnell said...

This is very pretty, Bonnie, and so wonderful for Susan's campaign and the OLW challenge!!

Loll said...

Sweet. Love the combination of colors ... your butterflies are beautiful. Love the stitching detail. Loll xx

Cathy Weber said...

LOL. I totally know what you mean about a Lil' Inker obsession/bandwagon! I bet everyone who owns some feels that way. Love your cute butterfly birthday card, looks great and so cheerful on the stitched rectangle. I love the simple sentiment in the corner and the little bits of bling on the butterflies.

Laura Pryor said...

Oh, this is really lovely! I love those butterfly stamps! I love how the stitched rectangle border was the perfect accent to your perfectly stamped butterflies and one layer card. Thank you so much for joining us for our birthday challenge!
Laura
Lil' Inker Designs

Anonymous said...

What a pretty card Bonnie,beautiful colours for the butterflies and it's only one layer too!
Nessa xx

Marybeth said...

Love this one layer and with stitched rectangles ....my favorite....I know almost everyone's favorite . The stamped butterflies are gorgeous!

Amy Kolling said...

Be still my heart.....one layer and gorgeousness all on one card! Beautiful!! Thanks for playing along with the Birthday Celebration at Lil' Inker!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Bonnie! The colors are awesome. I love how you accented some with rhinestones. Thanks for playing with the Paper Players!

Sarah said...

Gorgeous card, Bonnie! I love the colors and the way the whole thing is finished with the stitched border die.

Susan Raihala said...

Bonnie, this is an amazing card. That color combo is absolutely perfect and the grid layout is lovely. Thanks so much for the Thanksgiving Crusade shout-out!