Friday, August 16, 2013

Punching with Watercolor and Washi

I was looking for something to punch a bird out of and thought of the Watercolor Splotch paper in my UFO box.  What do you think?



This is a shameless CASE of this card by Harriet Skelly!  She's the alumnus that the CAS challenge at SCS is honoring this week.

It took longer to choose a piece of watercoloring than it did to make the card.

Using the watercolored paper for my bird was inspired by my friends Loll Thompson and Nancy Littrell.  Both of these ladies are so talented and constantly inspire and encourage me!

Washi tape is so much fun! It goes down and comes up and goes down again. And I love how these 3 patterns go so well together!

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  None
Ink:  Reinkers
Paper:  Shimmery White, Pacific Point, Whisper White
Other:  Bird Builder Punch, Gingham Garden Designer Washi Tape, Brights Candy Dots, Basic Rhinestone

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you have a great weekend planned and get some crafty time.

Enjoy!

11 comments:

Laura said...

Bonnie, This is awesome! What a Great to use your bird punch I love it!! TFS

Benzi said...

Good idea with the bird. It turned out so pretty. I'm a big fan of Washi tape, too. I love things you can pulled up and reset if need be.

jimlynn said...

You picked the perfect paper for that bird!! Looks awesome and I love the washi on here. That stuff really is nice isn't it!

Lynn

Cynthia said...

OK, that little bird is just awesome!! Love his coloration! And I adore any and all washi tape--so cute!

Doris said...

The bird came out perfect! I like the way you punched it out so that the stomach is lighter.

Ellen Taylor said...

Fantastic water colored bird!! It's really, really pretty! fab card Bonnie!!

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

I think your bird is gorgeous with the rich colours from the paint. Your card design is also very beautiful. Happy Weekend, Shirleyx

Anonymous said...

This is definitely one of the best birds I've seen from this punch. Don't know why, but I bought this punch even though I always thought the bird was "off" in its shape. So, I blew the $16 and have never used the punch. I doubt if I tried this watercoloring technique that my paper would turn out to make the perfect light belly and dark back, but your bird looks wonderful!!!

MaryH said...

Oh you _KNOW_ I love this bluebird, then when reading how you salvaged (from my past w/c woes! I had a chortle)...just loved him even more. You really got the placement colors of this little fella perfect from your saving punchout. Love that washi tape you've used too. The pretty flower one is beyond gorgeous...not seen this anyway. TFS & BBird is just delightful.

Darnell said...

You ended up picking THE most perfect paper for the bird, Bonnie. Sorry you had to punch the poor thing! (Sorry, I couldn't resist!). All your links are to artists I admire, too. Isn't it a wonderful group?!

Kim S said...

That little bird is truly stunning!