Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Frightening Feline Trick or Treat

Here's a little card I whipped up for Halloween.


It fits in lots of challenges so I'm going visiting.  The how to's are at the bottom of this post.

Dynamic Duos is asking for 


This piece of decorative paper was in my scrap box.  I don't think it's Stampin' Up! because it wasn't double sided.  I thought it looked close to Tangerine Tango and it definitely worked for Halloween.


Friday Mashup wants to see.... 
  1. Create a project with a  "Tree or Leaves."
  2. Create a project using the "Color Orange."
  3. Or Mash it Up and create a "Project with Leaves/ Tree & the Color Orange."
What beautiful leaves from their DT and in the gallery.  I don't have leaves but the color orange is covered.

Simon Says Monday Challenge says make it SPOOKY

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge is asking for HALLOWEEN or HALLOWEEN COLOURS

Inkspirational is having an ANYTHING GOES challenge

Shopping Our Stash is asking for Halloween OR Orange and Black.  The Frightening Feline stamp and DP were in my stash.

Pixies Snippets Playground will get a visit.  The DP, frame and spider were made from snippets.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Frightening Feline, Holiday Best
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper:  White (Pip), DP (?), Basic Black
Other: Window Frames Framelits, Basic Rhinestones, Washi Tape (Hobby Lobby)

After adhering the paper to the front, I cut the window from the card front. I lightly marked the boundaries with a pencil and stamped the cat on the inside.

The frame was cut using 2 of the framelit dies cut from the black.

The sentiment, Washi tape and rhinestones finished her off.  The spider you can see on the inside is from Memory Box.  I had some scrap pieces of black and die cut lots of spiders.  I have a box full. 

I think it took longer to write this post than it did to make the card!

I'm so glad you could come visit! 


Enjoy!  




22 comments:

Greta said...

Oh how adorable! Love this card, Bonnie!

Gibmiss said...

Hi Bonnie
This is fabulous.... Love that stamp....
Hugs Sylvie xxx

Benzi said...

Oh, this is so adorable, Bonnie. I love that cat and it looks so cool behind the window. Good use of the Washi tape.
You're a multi-challenge girl on this one. Good for you.

Tracey McNeely said...

Fantastic card Bonnie, I love that cat!

Cynthia said...

So cute--I love that cat!!

Sarn said...

LOVE this. Terrific Hallowe'en card. xxx

Mary said...

Hi Bonnie
Have just posted my entry to Dynamic Duos and there was it's twin!! lol Love your card! Great minds think alike!!
Mary

Doris said...

What a great way to highlight this stamp! Can't wait to try it.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

LOVE LOVE this.

Darnell said...

You nailed all these challenges with this delightful Halloween card, Bonnie! It's pure spookylicious both outside and in!! Hugs, Darnell

sandie said...

I adore this cat stamp, this has to be the best Halloween stamp I have seen. Thanks for joining us at Ink

Debs Willis said...

Great card Bonnie - I NEED that stamp!!
Debs x

Mrs A. said...

Is that a spider I spy on the insdie of the card!!
Hugs Mrs A.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fabulous card, I love how you have added the aperture to showcase the wonderful cat. The cat is fantastic with the Halloween text throughout the image. Love the colour scheme and your design. Great sentiment and love the trim at the bottom. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Tracy x x

Karren said...

Such a cool card, Bonnie! Love the window you've created for your cat.

AB. said...

Very cool card! The window looks great and I love that stamped cat image! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week. :)

Di said...

Purrfection Bonnie!! Love the desing totally and the colours are so cheerful too.

Hugs, Di xx

Colleen Dietrich said...

Love this! The cat really gets me smiling, kind of reminds me of the Cheshire cat. And that washi tape is soooo elegant; what a great find!

Bonnie, I'm enjoying all your posts and read them through my email inbox. Life's been so very hectic (remember when you advised me during my recuperation that I might not get a break for a while to come...well, you were right ;)
and I have such little time to visit my blogging friends. Just wanted you to know I'm still out here, checking out your stuff! Hugs!

Happy Dance said...

Very sweet card! Love that kitty. He says quite a bit for a cat. Great card. Bev

Jingle said...

Very cute card! I like the window design! Thanks so much for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Meighan Wheller said...

Love how you framed the image on the outside! A great Halloween card. Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational, we hope to see you again soon. Meighan DT

Alica said...

so cool! Love how you framed the image!
Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Alica ;)