Sunday, October 13, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

To all of my Canadian Friends, I wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving.


My friend Benzi inspired this card.  In fact it is a shameless CASE of this card.

It's one of the cards that we did in our class last week.  Thanks, Benzi!

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge wants cards that used a clear or rubber stamp. The sentiment is a clear stamp by Verve.  This set has several wonderful Fall sentiments.  

Pixie's Snippet Playground lets you play if you use snippets.  The leaf, stem and banner were cut from snippets.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Happy Fall (Verve)
Ink:  Soft Suede
Paper:  Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip, DSP
Other: Circles Collection Framelits, Distress Stripes EF (Cuttlebug), Leaves #2 Bigz Die, Raffia (non SU), Packing Shreds (non SU)

The pumpkin card was cut with the largest of the plain circles in the Circles Collection Framelit set.  I cut the card at 8" x 4 1/4" and scored at 4".  To cut the circle, I laid the folded card so it didn't fit all the way at the top and bottom.  This left some fold for the card and allowed it to sit straight without rocking.  The inside has smaller circles cut from Very Vanilla on both the top and bottom to add sentiments and add stability to the embossed card.

This is making me want some pumpkin pie!  Yum!

Thanks for stopping by.

Enjoy!

26 comments:

LeAnne said...

Thank GOODNESS I read this post---not only is your pumpkin card adorable, I need to make a pumpkin pie today and I totally forgot!!! Thanks for reminding me!

Melissa Bove said...

Love it!! So very cute!! Fabulous card!!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in Canada!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Lindsey said...

Fabulous card! Love the shaped card & embossing. Fab!

Marisa said...

Love this card :) Didn't know you and Benzi were so close to each other! Give each other a hug from me next time you see each ohter, okay!!

Darnell said...

Well, I sure wouldn't have guessed the name of that EF that we both used was Distress Stripes; it sure looks like tree bark to me, ha!! And it sure makes a wonderful texture for your fat and fabulous punkin, Bonnie!! You are going to be a hit at the Playground!! Hugs, Darnell

jimlynn said...

Super cute! Love the texture on that pumpkin.
Lynn

Gail Park said...

Love the look of this-could make a cute place card or table decoration as well!

Cynthia said...

Loooove. Totally going to shamelessly copy you shamelessly copying Benzi. Oh yes I am.

Irene said...

Bonnie, your card is fabulous - I love, love it.
luv
irene
xxxx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Bonnie-and Benzi's card was gorgeous too :)
Love the texture on your Pumpkin-it looks perfect(I have that embossing folder too and must dig it out!)
Have a lovely day,Nessa xx

Sue - said...

Wow!! that's fantastic Bonnie!

Di said...

Yup,like Darnell I vote this a huge it! Very clever Bonnie.

Hugs, Di xx

Doris said...

What a clever pumpkin card, Bonnie! Love the embossing--can't wait to try this for Mothers Class. Happy Thanksgiving, Canadian stampers!

OH Babs said...

Great card. I too love the EF and glad to see it used on the pumpkin - good idea.

Benzi said...

Oh, ya ya ya.....you told me you were going to do this and how fabulous it turned out!! I loved your idea to use paper packing shreds. Isn't it fun to make? I just know the class had so much fun. Glad I found it on Marisa's blog last year.

scrappymo! said...

Great card Bonnie. Clever to make the round card sit striaght by placing it just so in the die!

Love the embossing folder you used for texture and the wonderful bits of kinked raffia paper.

nancy littrell said...

TFS your wonderfully creative Pumpkin card Bonnie and the Deets. I have printed. Would make a really fun Make and Take at my next SU Hostess Club party. Again...Thank You :-)

Loll said...

This is fabulous!!! Love the shaped card and all the texture from the embossing and the crimped "ribbon".

Our Thanksgiving family dinner was last night - delicious, traditional turkey dinner with all the trimmings. I am so thankful that we could all be together! Loll xx

Lesley said...

AWESOME!

kay said...

It's super,love the shape and texture x

Susan said...

Thanks for the Thanksgiving wishes for us up here in Canada - such a cute card! I had a great turkey dinner at a friend's house and then flew to Toronto the next morning to help my mother for a week (she just had hip replacement surgery).

MaryH said...

Yum, indeed - on this bright punkin. You had a great person to CASE from too. Yet you still made this all your own. Loved the EF on your cheery pumpkin and your leaf trim, and especially the raffia & crinkled bows. Would make a lovely place setting to have some of these too. TFS & Many Hugs.

Debs Willis said...

Great pumpkin! Sure to bring a smoke to anyone's face :-)

Debs Willis said...

Oops meant 'smile' but stoopid txt auto checker changed it!!

Greta said...

Oh I love your pumpkin, Bonnie!

Mikki said...

Love this cute pumpkin card....it's adorable!