Monday, July 21, 2014

Merry Monday Primitive Star

Good morning and Merry Monday to you!

I have 2 cards today.

I had a little trouble making up my mind which to use.
When in doubt, use both!

But before I show and tell let's look at the challenge.

Our hostess this week is Lori.

(She's helps Lesley keep the Merry Makers straight
and does a fabulous job of it too!)


The buttons really threw me.

I love to use ribbon, but rarely use buttons.

So I had to dig deep to find some.

I used the Sizzix Primitive Star Bigz Die for both of these cards.

These cards were inspired by the cards I saw here.
Thanks, Stacy, for the wonderful inspiration.


For this one I used a shank button and cut the shank off.

I'm hoping that still counts as a button.

Can you see the little plaid design on it?

The diecut star was embossed and inserted in the opening.
I used dimensionals to pop it up and let the
Cherry Cobbler peek out.



This card was made using a negative piece.

I had this pretty snippet of decorative paper in my box 
and it went perfectly with the retired Sage Shadow cardstock.

I used a teeny, tiny heart button on this card.

I got 2 very different looks.

I made several others but they don't have buttons.

Some don't even have ribbons.

I'll share those later.

I hope you'll go over to see what the rest of the Design Team
has done for your inspiration pleasure.
Some very good ideas indeed!

Then I hope you'll put a button or buttons and ribbon 
on your Christmas card and share it with us at 
Merry Monday.

Oh, and since I used some snippets, I'm going over to
Pixies Snippet Playground

Thanks for visiting.

Enjoy!
    **********
Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Teeny, Tiny Wishes  
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, 110# Solar White (Neena)
Other:  Primitive Star Bigz die (Sizzix), Square Lattice EF, Plaid EF (Sizzix), Cherry Cobbler Polka Dot Ribbon back side (retired), Altered Button, Dimensionals

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  Christmas Joy (Verve - card 2) 
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler
Paper:  Sage Shadow, DSP (stash), Very Vanilla
Other:  Primitive Star Bigz die (Sizzix), Plaid EF (Sizzix), Large Oval Punch, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding, Button (Stash)

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted




31 comments:

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Both cards are fantastic Bonnie! Love all that embossing - so pretty!!!!

Deanne :)

Wendy said...

Both cards are really pretty, Bonnie! Love the star cut outs and your added buttons! Love the colors of the second on and the pretty paper! Fantastic job! Have a terrific week, my friend! :)

Shelly said...

Both are fabulous!!! Love!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Great ideas and great cards Bonnie. The star button is a button even with it's shank off, at least it was wasn't it? LOL.

Irish Cherokee said...

That is a great use of all of the paper. Both cards a wonderful. I can see why you could not decide. I sure can't.

LeAnne said...

Both are gorgeous! LOVE those stars, and the texture and DP you've used are GREAT!

Deepti said...

These are superb! though you have used the same die cut but still both the cards are so uniquely beautiful !

Hettie said...

I love both of these Bonnie. That first button is so cute!
Hugs
xx

JD/ Jill said...

Very pretty!

Loll said...

Two fab cars Bonnie. Especially love the pattern paper - it's so pretty!! ... and that tiny heart button - cute! Loll xx

jimlynn said...

Bonnie, both are great! I can't even decide which one I like better. Two beautiful cards and bet they're pretty without the buttons too!
Lynn

scrappymo! said...

Two wonderful cards! They are both great but my heart goes out to the second one with the reverse image framing that beautiful paper. I think I have that same paper!

Love the wee heart too!

aussie aNNie said...

Two fab cards Bonnie, I do love the white one.xx
♥aNNie

The Journey is the Start


Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Bonnie, LOVE this design with the die cut star -- both cards are awesome! Hope you have a wonderful week!

JoAnn said...

Love both of your cards. I really like how the red peeks out around the star on the first one and how you used the star cutouts on both.

Kristie Goulet said...

Two great cards, Bonnie! Very pretty patterned papers. Love the first button. Have a great week!

Di said...

Two brilliant cards Bonnie, I do love the star shape - and I spotted that it's your third entry :)

Hugs, Di xx

Darnell said...

Yowza, Bonnie, these are blow-your-socks-off stunning!! I love them both, but that patterned star with the sage paper literally took my breath away!! Fabulous inspiration going on my board!! Hugs, Darnell

Notes by Nina said...

Both cards are fabulous Bonnie, you found some wonderful buttons to use :) I love all that texture too.

Karren said...

Both cards are fabulous, Bonnie! That star is a real stand-out and I love that plaid embossing folder you used!

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Bonnie, your both cards are so elegant. I like the way you play with textures! It's so smart to let Cherry Cobler to peek out on the 1st card to match it with other elements!

Lori Turner said...

Both of these cards are absolutely GORGEOUS, Bonnie! I love your little buttons you've used and that huge star on both is ROCKIN!!!!

Katie Melhus said...

Two beautiful stars, Bonnie! I especially love the patterned one, that paper is just lovely :) you go girl!

carol (krillsister) said...

Pretty cards. I really like the last one with the die cut. The colors of that card are awesome too!

Brenda said...

I am so loving both of these cards Bonnie! First off I love that primitive star die, love the textures in the first card and your cute star button!! I also love that you let the red peek out, so cute. Your second card I just love the colors off, and that pattern paper is so awesome. That cute heart button is just perfect too. Hugs, Brenda

Mrs A. said...

Gosh?, your prim stars are just fabulous. Love both of your cards. Hugs Mrs A.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

The buttons and ribbons thing really threw me this week. They both can be bulky and then to put them together! You did a fabulous job with your cards though. They don't seem bulky at all. I love the second one better but I've always been a sucker for designer paper.

laurie said...

Those stars are awesome! I love the blue card!

Marie Bingaman said...

They're both lovely cards, Bonnie! My fav of the 2 is the bottom one, just for the sage color! :)

Cynthia said...

I'm loving these, Bonnie!! I popped over to Stacy's site too--thanks to both for some inspiration!!

Greta said...

Beautiful cards, Bonnie! I especially love the look of the second one--great choice of printed paper!