Monday, November 10, 2014

Blue Christmas Bauble

It's Merry Monday time again.

This week wonderful Wendy has chosen our challenge.

Come see what she chose.


How elegant!

Here's what I did.


I inked and embossed the bauble with silver
then colored with the Night of Navy Blendabilities.

To give the ornament the look of glass, I smacked it with VersaMark
and heat embossed with some clear embossing powder.

Then I used a silver Signo Gel Pen to color the top and holly 
to add some extra shine.

The embossed back panel was waiting in the UFO pile for a home.

I added lots of itty, bitty rhinestones and a little bow
to finish it all off.

With all the metallic, I'm going to share this at

Let's see what gorgeous blue and silver/gray ornaments you can create this week. 

Don't forget to share them with us at Merry Monday.

I'm so glad you could stop by!

Enjoy!
    **********
Card Recipe
Stamps:  Christmas Bauble
Ink: Encore Silver, VersaMark
Paper:  Solar White (Neena), Whisper White
Other:  Silver EP, Clear EP, Ornate Frames EF (Sizzix), Silver Gel Pen (uni-ball Signo), Rhinestones, Silver covered wire (Michael's)

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted



25 comments:

Irene said...

Hello Bonnie

A beautiful and elegant Christmas card. The blue bauble is so elegant
and I love the embossing folder it's just perfect for your bauble.

luv
irene
xxxx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Wow gorgeous ornament and card design, very elegant as well. Cheers, Shirleyx

laurie said...

This is stunning...I love the embossing and all the silver...it looks so elegant!

Benzi said...

Just beautiful, Bonnie! I love the blue and silver. You have the best stuff in your UFO box. I always smile when I see you've used something from there.

JoAnn said...

This is gorgeous Bonnie. Love the embossed frame and that pretty blue ornament.

jimlynn said...

That's a beautiful embossed background for this ornament! Love all the blues and silvers too.
Lynn

Marybeth said...

Bonnie this is jaw dropping gorgeous! I love the embossed background and your silver holly looks amazing. Beautifully done and very elegant!

I have a card for this one that I can post on the 12th

Katie Melhus said...

Absolutely beautiful and elegant Bonnie! Just what I would expect from you :) love it!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

wow! This is gorgeous! Absolutely love the embossing around this blue ornament, and how did you achieve such a perfect bow? Love it!

Kristie Goulet said...

Such a gorgeous ornament, Bonnie! Love the embossed background and the silver holly!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

What a beautiful embossed frame to display your bauble!

Wendy said...

Pure gorgeous-ness, Bonnie!! I am so taken with the silver holly leaves and that beautiful blue ornament! Love it! :)

stampwithsandy said...

Absolutely stunning, Bonnie! The ornate frame is perfect to showcase this beautiful ornament!

Bobby said...

Oh my goodness, Bonnie, this is absolutely gorgeous.

Doris said...

Everything about this card is just gorgeous, Bonnie...from the embossing to the silver holly leaves to the bow and the shine! The rhinestones were the perfect finishing touch, too.

Hettie said...

What a beautiful card Bonnie. The embossing folder is wonderful and the colour of your bauble is just stunning.
I am really into baubles this year!
Hugs
xx

Loll said...

Beautiful Bonnie!! Love the design and the colours of your gorgeous ornament. Looks very shiny with the adding of the clear embossing on top. You have inspired me, my friend. Off to play with ornament stamps today! :) Loll xx

Susan said...

Beautiful blue ornament! Perfect fit and shape for that ef!

Karren said...

Wow, I'm loving the elegance of your card - the silver holly just looks so rich against that gorgeous ornament.

KimCreate said...

Your card is super pretty. I tried last night to play in the challenge but wasn't happy with my card. I'll try again!

Sandy said...

Beautiful!!!
Sandy xx

Mrs A. said...

Total elegance. hugs Mrs A.

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

SO elegant - a real stunner Bonnie!

Deanne :)

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card Bonnie and so elegant.

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Stunning card, Bonnie. I especially love the embossed frame background!