Saturday, March 7, 2015

Delicate Ferns

I bought this fern die quite a while ago and have finally got around to using it.

Laurie's card (stampin up north) inspired me to
buy this die and the alcohol inks.
Thanks for the enabling, Laurie.  I have certainly had fun with them!


The background was done with Alcohol Inks.

The sentiment with stamped VersaMark ink and heat embossed with black powder.

I die cut the fern from the background and again from green and white card stock.
Then I used the embedded die technique, fitting the white fern in to negative space.

Glued the green fern on top and added a little bow from some Perle Cotton that had been 
in my stash forever.

I'm entering this in some challenges.

Stamping, Alcohol Inks, Die Cuts
I'm hoping that when the Spring weather comes,
my ferns will turn green instead of black.


The theme for this challenge is
Anything Goes using any brand of die Scrapy Land sells.
I used a Memory Box Die (Delicate Fern)


Please use monochromatic green
(shades of green with white or cream or black)
 I used my Big Shot to cut the ferns.


Just a hint of clover…

use green on your card.



Would you like to see what I did with the alcohol inked cut out fern?


Thanks for dropping by.

Enjoy!

Card Recipe (Card 1)
Stamps:  Thoughts and Prayers
Ink:  VersaMark, Alcohol Inks
Paper:  Glossy White (Tim Holtz), Solar White (Neena), Basic Black, Mossy Meadow
Other:  Delicate Fern Die (Memory Box), Black EP, Perle Cotton (DMC)

Card Recipe (Card 2)
Stamps:  French Script (retired)
Ink:  Sahara Sand, Alcohol Inks
Paper:  Sahara Sand, Whisper White
Other:  Delicate Fern Die (Memory Box)

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted


27 comments:

Betty said...

you've inspired me to get out the long neglected alcohol inks, Bonnie! especially love the second card with the text background.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW, these are stunning Bonnie, Love what you have done and the backgrounds too. Fabulous.

Bobby said...

No alcohol inks here but I may try this by smooshing DIs. It's a lovely card, Bonnie. I mean THEY are lovely cardS.

Pat said...

This fern is a beauty Bonnie and I love the idea of embedding it in the background and then adding another over the top. The card you made from the alcohol inked background with the added script is a great card too. x

jimlynn said...

Sensational on both of these! I love the fern die and your background with the alcohol ink is stunning! SOOOOO pretty!
Lynn

Sue - said...

Two brilliant cards Bonnie. The alcohol ink background looks great!

Anonymous said...

Oh so beautiful; I keep seeing gorgeous backgrounds with alcohol inks just like yours. I'm feeling the need to branch out.
Heather T

Carol L said...

Those are 2 gorgeous cards made with that fabulous fern die! I love the inky background on the 1st card!

Marisa said...

I'm swooning at that gorgeous green background, Bonnie. Green is my favorite colour and that fern image is fabulous too. Gorgeous set of cards.

Greta said...

Wow--I have yet to make a background with the alcohol inks, but yours is gorgeous, Bonnie! Love the second card, too!

Kristie Goulet said...

These are just beautiful, Bonnie! Love this fern die and the background!

Brenda said...

Oh my Bonnie, what beautiful cards!!! I am loving that fern die-so pretty and I love how you inlaid the fern in the first card. That background you created is just gorgeous! I also love the second card using the left over fern from the first card. Such beautiful and elegant cards! Hugs Brenda

Susan said...

I have a bunch of alcohol inks and I really don't use them enough - thanks for the inspiration with your gorgeous card! I love your blend of colours. And the inlaid die cut technique works perfectly with the background. I love the second card you made too!

Deepti said...

These are beautiful! Thank you for sharing with MMCC

Darnell said...

You are an excellent student, Bonnie. It was Laurie who turned me on to the AI technique, too, and I'm addicted. I am so in love with the colors you achieved for your delicate ferns! A new favorite!! Hugs, Darnell

Colorado Crafter said...

This is so pretty, Bonnie! It's been a really long time since I've made any alcohol ink backgrounds. Guess I need to pull out my stuff and try that old favorite again.

Lori Kobular said...

OMG! I love all three cards you made! Each and everyone is gorgeous in it's own right! I love that fern die, I am adding that to my Wish List as soon as I am done commenting! I love the watercolor background on the first card and the embedded white fern. Thank you for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #13!

AO Creations said...

Your cards are so cute, love them!!! Thank you for joining us at Cuttlebug Mania, good luck!! Amy DT

Donna Ellis said...

Oh, Bonnie! They are both fantastic - I like how you used the fern on another card - Your AI colors are especially "fern-like" - similar to a rain forest, and I like that you have offset the darker fern in front on your first card. Two wonderful cards!

Thanks for sharing your pretty project in the Scrapy Land Challenge! hugs and blessings, de {Creative Smiles}

Loll said...

The alcohol inks background is so pretty!! Love it cut with that gorgeous die-cut fern. And love how you've used the die-cut fern to make a second card. xx

laurie said...

So funny Bonnie! I just entered Mixed Media challenge with an alcohol ink card myself.... and then saw yours.... I guess we were thinking alike today!

I love the greens with the ferns...that background turned out awesome.Great idea to inlay,too!

Sandra said...

Wonderful card! Love those branches! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Di said...

Wow Bonnie, what beautiful cards. Love the AI background and the fern die is a stunner!

Hugs

Di xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Alcohol inks! I had to buy more metallic ones last year after I pulled them out and they had gone weird..... and haven't used them since. This is a spectacular card! The fern is well... how can any of us live without that??

Jannie said...

Love how versatile each card is!

Love your creations, they are gorgeous!!

Thank you so much for joining us at Cuttlebug Mania!

Cuttlebugs & Hugs
Jannie

Julia Aston said...

Wonderful alcohol ink background and embedded die cuts - love that fern!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Beautiful background and I love the inlaid die cuts! Thanks so much for sharing at the MMCC!