Friday, November 18, 2016

Joyful Poinsettia Tag

It's Day 12 of Twelve Tags of Christmas with Loll & Friends.


This is tag 9 for me.  I'm behind.


I've used bits from my UFO box again.

The poinsettia was stamped, heat embossed and colored on the back with Blendabilities.
It was already cut and ready to go.

I popped it on a die cut tag that had been stenciled with some Antique Linen ink.
Then I fussy cut a piece of gold foil a bit bigger and dry embossed it.

A snippet of sheer gold ribbon to adorn the top and 
some gold gems for the center and it was done.

My mixed media are, stamping, heat embossing, coloring with alcohol markers,
 stenciling, die cutting and dry embossing.

Wooh! That's a lot for one little tag!

There are a lot of awesome tags in Loll's gallery.  I hope you'll check them out.
And I hope you'll add one, or two, or three, or.....

Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!





Card Recipe
Stamps:  Joyful Christmas (retired SU)
Ink:   Whisper White (SU), Antique Linen Distress
Paper:   Vellum, gold Foil, Thick Whisper White (SU)
Other:  White EP (SU), Blendabilities (retired SU), Flourish Stencil (TH), Stitched Tags (LI)


17 comments:

Loll said...

So pretty! Love your vellum poinsettia Bonnie. The colours are really vibrant and beautiful. Love the little bit of golden stenciled flourish in behind. And the dry embossed gold foil tag in the background adds lots of shine and dimension / texture. The gold sheer bow is just perfect. Thanks so much for sharing with my tag event!! xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Bonnie,
what a gorgeous tag and the poinsettia is so pretty.
Love the goldembossed tag shape and the luxurious ribbon too.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

You make it sound so simple, but this is another beautiful tag.
Faith
x

Nstiz said...

Your poinsettia is gorgeous, Bonnie! I marvel at those who work with velum and color on the back side. I have not had success with that. Framed in gold this looks fabulous! Love the matching gold ribbon too!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous poinsettia, Bonnie, and I love the embossed foil tag behind the stenciled one!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Wow - this is amazing Bonnie - so much detail and yet not overdone - love it
Blessings
Maxine

JosieD said...

Love the vibrant look of the poinsettia embossed on vellum and colored with blendabilities -- haven't used that technique in a long time so gotta try that soon. Classy looking tag!

Susan said...

What a perfect poinsettia - it is gorgeous heat embossed on vellum and coloured so vibrantly! And I love the layered tags, especially the embossed gold background one.

nancy littrell said...

Your poinsettia is the star, but your beautiful background tag and gold tag layer add so much beauty too. I love your gold ribbon...the perfect topper. TFS my friend. Hugs, Nancy

JoAnn said...

So pretty. Love the pretty poinsettia on vellum and the embossed gold background tag.

Brenda said...

That IS a lot of mixed media for one little tag and I love it! It is so elegant and classy with the gold shadow tag and ribbon. Love that poinsettia, gives just the right amount of color. Hugs, Brenda

TK said...

Beautiful! I only WISH I had snippets lying around that looked like that!

BożenA said...

Beautiful bauble, very stylish tag
Hugs,
BożenA

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Look at that wonderful sheer bow topping off this wonderful poinsettia tag. Woo!

Pat said...

I love the gold tag and the antique linen stencilling snd then that really pretty and bright vellum poinsettia Bonnie, and the gold ribbon is gorgeous. x

Mac Mable said...

Wow ... stunning tag. Love that striking poinsettia and all set off with the fabulous gold x

Donna said...

So shiny and pretty... love that bow. X