Saturday, June 10, 2017

Monochrome for Merry Monday

Hi!  I hope you have a wonderful weekend planned with some crafting thrown in.

It's been a busy week here but I managed to get a card done for
Merry Monday
thanks to my UFO (UnFinished Object box)


the challenge is hosted by Debbie this week.

I found this piece that I had done using the Embossing Folder Technique.

I rubbed Distress ink on the inside of an embossing folder, spritzed with water
and "stamped" it on a piece of cardstock.

My spritzer bottle and I have a running feud!
It wants to take control and send an over abundance of water to the project.

I was able to salvage a small piece of it that had white snowflakes
instead of watery blue.

A frame that was cast off from another project was the perfect size.

I actually tried to make a shaker card using some acetate from the back of a stamp set.
Nothing would stick to it!
I wonder what that stuff is actually make of?

I gave up on the shakers and stamped a sentiment directly on the image.

I've used this Holiday Snippets set many times and always wanted to 
find a card to use this sentiment on.

Here's a close up in case you can't read it on the card.

You can also see the sparkle on the snowflakes.

I thought it needed something else so I winked it with Stella.
However, Stella seems to have lost her sparkle.
So I sprinkled some Dazzling Diamonds on the wet Stella.
I'm hoping there was enough glue in it to hold the glitter.
Otherwise whoever gets this card will have an envelope full of sparkle.

Maybe that's not a bad thing!

The best part of today is celebrating our oldest grandson's graduation from High School.

It seems like yesterday he was a tiny baby.

Now he's a big strappin' young man!

We are so proud of him!

I'm hoping to catch him in his cap and gown later today.

Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!




Card Recipe
Stamps:  Holiday Snippets (PB)
Ink:   Faded Jeans (D)
Paper:   Neena, Midnight Muse, Whisper White (SU)
Other:  Snowflake EF (SZ), Stitched Mats Rectangles for frame (LI) WOS, Dazzling Details (SU)


17 comments:

Colleen said...

Oh I love that sentiment Bonnie! Beautiful card for Merry Monday, thanks for joining us again! My grandson graduates this Wednesday from High school also...I too can't believe it possible!

LeAnne said...

What a lovely card you created from your UFO box...and my Stella sometimes doesn't wink very well either. I think she's run out of sparkle! Your grandson is so cute, congrats to him as well as you & your family!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Stunning snowflakes, Bonnie, & I love that sentiment too! Congrats to your grandson - no wonder you're so proud!!

Loll said...

Love your sparkly snowflakes and watercoloured background, Bonnie. Gorgeous ... and a lovely sentiment that is just perfect.

Your grandson is so handsome. Congrats to him on his graduation! xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Beautiful card and sentiment Bonnie. Your Grandson is a handsome chap and my good wishes go to him for the future.
Faith
x

Gramma Sarah said...

Love the snowflakes with the sparkle....innovative solution for sparkle!!!! Congratulations to your grandson and best wishes for the future! We have three grandchildren graduating this year...how time flies!

Marcia Hill said...

Beautiful card Bonnie and I LOVE that sentiment!! And what a handsome young grandson you have!! I have a few years before I can post my grandson's graduation photo...he's only 4 weeks old! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Merry Monday!! :0)

nancy littrell said...

Your blue snowflakes background is Dazzling, Bonnie. TFS your details and for sharing your grandson's graduation picture. A very special time for all the family. Hugs..

Linda said...

Beautiful card with all the sparkle and shine. And lovely sentiment. Congrats to your grandson. Time certainly does fly.

BożenA said...

Wonderful winter card design. Looks like I was looking at the snow through the magnifying glass! Unusual experience, thank you Bonnie for this fun :-)
I do not believe you have such a big grandson !! This is probably a mistake in my translation from English to Polish. This is a wonderful young man and you are too young to be your grandson !!
Hugs,
BożenA

Christine Alexander said...

Don't you just love the UFO box, suddenly these amazing cards pop out weeks later. I love how sparkly your snowflake is :)

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Bonnie - I love your narrative about this card - and the comments about the glitter!! Thank you for the smile. Love your card, and congrats on having a grandson old enough to graduate :-) It's a privilege to watch them grow up.
Blessings
Maxine

Doris said...

i just LOVE how this card turned out! Thanks for sharing the process with us.

Mac Mable said...

Enjoyed reading your post and the ups and downs of making this card. Yes I am with you on spraying water...I have a few bottles with different amounts of water spraying from them and still get water overload! What a beautiful sentiment and what a good idea to try and get the glitter to attach to the wink of stella that was running out x Congratulations on your oldest grandson's graduation, you all must be so proud? x

Karen Dunbrook said...

gorgeous, beautiful card Bonnie. love how you added the sparkle.
Congrats to your gs...handsome young man!
xx Karen

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I hate it when mister bottles go bad. The cat enforcer bottle has gone from spray to mist and the cats are catching on. They wince when you hold it up and spray them and then laugh when the mist falls short. It is a very spitty mist so I know what you mean about too much water.

Anyway, your card came out great and kudos to your grandson!!!!

Bobby said...

I need to go through my UFO pile and see if I have anything remotely as great as this, Bonnie. Congrats to your grandson. My husband's youngest grandson and my next-to-youngest granddaughter both graduated this year. Time is rushing by.